ABF | Drug Tests

There is still no protection for Drivers from shady companies and drug testing clinics. A friend of mine resigned from his job and they made a bogus claim that he refused a drug test when he was never notified to take a drug test there is no protection from companies doing this to you and then your name is in the database. Another story friend takes the test they take sample fill out paperwork then she reads the temperature and it is not in range well yeah you didn't check the temp right away dumb bich failed test on record no protection shady clinics or way to prove innocence he submitted hair samples from his armpit going back years to FMCSA they still wouldn't accept it or correct his record.

Our contract spells out specifically,....in the longest Article in the whole contract,........exactly how, where, and when to contest these things to insure fairness to drivers by using the grievance procedure in the event of........malfeasance by the people handling your drug specimens.....
Obviously, the guys you are telling us about weren’t under the Teamster contract at the time they had the “collection” problems......

And that,........once again,........becomes another reason why it is an.....”intelligence test”........as far as joining/being in a Union....

The......protection.......is there. But, it’s in a Union contract,......not in the verbal reassurances that....” everything will be O.K.”.......from your TM........

This is why you have a Union contract........You have a “third party”....who is YOUR advocate,........between you, your employer, and the general public.........and any contractor your employer uses,......who can have an effect on your license/livelihood..

Trucking is all about Liability, nowadays........and your employer is moving heaven and earth......legislatively........to make sure the driver carries the bulk of the Liability......

Dont do drugs/ have alcohol in your system when your livelihood depends on it. Real Simple..If you feel you cant do this, get help.

Absolutely!.....If you have Drugs/alcohol in your system on duty,....or before a drug/alcohol test............

Do ya think,....just maybe,.....those drugs/alcohol......might just...be affecting your...judgement,.....just a little?

.....Like those idiots who would get on the CB radio and loudly proclaim: "Anyone want any crank, smack, pills, weed?..I'm in the back row in a blue Peterbilt...."

.....And I always say: "Yeah, I want some,.....Back row you say?....Blue Peterbilt?....I'll be right back there,..you'll recognize me.."

.....And they say: "How will I recognize you?"

......And I say: " Because I'll be driving a black and white police car....Hold on, I'm turning the corner...."

Many's the time I heard someone else on the CB go: "Lookit that S.O.B. Go! He flattened the stopsign coming outta the parking lot!..."

Affect their....Judgement much?

Absolutely!.....If you have Drugs/alcohol in your system on duty,....or before a drug/alcohol test............

Do ya think,....just maybe,.....those drugs/alcohol......might just...be affecting your...judgement,.....just a little?

.....Like those idiots who would get on the CB radio and loudly proclaim: "Anyone want any crank, smack, pills, weed?..I'm in the back row in a blue Peterbilt...."

.....And I always say: "Yeah, I want some,.....Back row you say?....Blue Peterbilt?....I'll be right back there,..you'll recognize me.."

.....And they say: "How will I recognize you?"

......And I say: " Because I'll be driving a black and white police car....Hold on, I'm turning the corner...."

Many's the time I heard someone else on the CB go: "Lookit that S.O.B. Go! He flattened the stopsign coming outta the parking lot!..."

Affect their....Judgement much?
Thats tuff to do when your a young guy when you get older cake and coffee is party time

I'll admit, I ran many trips with "Benny" farmed all day, planned bank robberies and bought all the property
between Charl and Atl, but when drug testing came on scene, never touched another one.

And.......Back then “Benny” was regarded as........medicine for improvement of your wallet.......not a good-time party drug.....

You must feel a hundred pounds lighter it must be nice to smile again probably hurt face first week
Yes, and still ‘smiling’ more than a year later. But....I always have my ‘brothers’ (Union, and non) in mind, as their ‘struggles’ continue in the industry. Soooooo many changes!!! And as Brother canary pointed out, companies are doing their level best to heap the liabilities onto the drivers.

Yes, and still ‘smiling’ more than a year later. But....I always have my ‘brothers’ (Union, and non) in mind, as their ‘struggles’ continue in the industry. Soooooo many changes!!! And as Brother canary pointed out, companies are doing their level best to heap the liabilities onto the drivers.
Its gettin crazy all the hoops we have to jump through to get 200 bucks a day in our pocket