XPO | DSR doing FOS work

1pissedemployee

TB Lurker
Credits
Have had a DSR filling in as FOS for 6 months.
because terminal manager doesnt want to do inbound. How does xgo allow this? a driver doing 12 hour days at hourly and ot,compared to a 45k for an fos. but cut the trucks back 3 mph to save 10 cents. good thinking.

This must be fairly common,i`am a dsr and have filled in for up to months at time when we had to let an fos transfer or let go.but i know as much about inbound as the fos does.Never been a problem for me

if the dsr wants to do the job and he keeps his hourly pay, go for it. he gets his hours and he can support his family better. fos's are just a waste of money at most terminal. we have way to many supervisors in dallas

if the dsr wants to do the job and he keeps his hourly pay, go for it. he gets his hours and he can support his family better. fos's are just a waste of money at most terminal. we have way to many supervisors in dallas
What about Saul? he was a CSR for a long time. And he did more work than any of them.

no hourly employee can do any job that requires him or her to instruct or supervise another hourly employee this is a something that needs reported to rm or xgo ......

no hourly employee can do any job that requires him or her to instruct or supervise another hourly employee this is a something that needs reported to rm or xgo ......
Yea right these guys do whatever they want.We have had a similar situation come up with a driver and when GO was notified nothing changed and just made the TM feel like he is even more untouchable. What a joke. oh well we will see how well he does when(if) it gets busy again and he gets put in the pressure cooker.:hysterical:BTW this man is is so far down in the cellar he only has time on a couple of drivers.:butt kiss:

Beerfd, I Agree With You. Saul One Of The Better People At Our House. Think He Is Going To Trucking School So He Can Get His Dl. He Gets The Job Done Everynight, Without The Help. Raymond's Boy, Justin Not As Good As He Thinks He Is. I Think We Should Keep Saul Where He Is Now.

I'm sure you're right, supertrucker. Can I borrow your secret decoder ring? I'm having trouble seeing the invisible ink in my employee handbook. Wait a minute, we don't have an employee handbook. Sorry 'bout that, I guess I was thinking about the other jobs I've had that actually furnished their employees with a copy of the rules.

DSR Better than Fos

I did fos as a dsr and can do it better than 2 of the fos they have now. It is funny but they think they still do a better job. Sad when drivers know more than the ones who boss them around. Maybe someday they will wake up.:duh::loser:

Yea right these guys do whatever they want.We have had a similar situation come up with a driver and when GO was notified nothing changed and just made the TM feel like he is even more untouchable. What a joke. oh well we will see how well he does when(if) it gets busy again and he gets put in the pressure cooker.:hysterical:BTW this man is is so far down in the cellar he only has time on a couple of drivers.:butt kiss:

doesnt matter how long a person has, some ppl have it some ppl dont

the motivation, know how, self esteem, leadership skills, and what you call butkissing some calle networking.'

your telling me that a 20 year man by far and large would make a better fos than a 8 year man just because he has more seniority. the purpose of seniority is to determine bid status as far as work selection, vacation selection, pay-rate and laying off. this is a totally different matter. sounds to me like jealousy.

i also understand what your trying to say about butkissing, some ppl get away with doing nothing all day. and get special "benefits" than others.

WOW! This got pulled out of the cellar. He is an:butt kiss:plain and simple. He begged to have this position when senior men wanted it and they were told too bad so sad. Now he is hating it and wants out but does not want to hit the street,might break a nail from all that manual labor. He wants to sit in the office out of the weather. I could go on and on but won't waste our time with all that ::shit::

Have had a DSR filling in as FOS for 6 months.
because terminal manager doesnt want to do inbound. How does xgo allow this? a driver doing 12 hour days at hourly and ot,compared to a 45k for an fos. but cut the trucks back 3 mph to save 10 cents. good thinking.
Get over it, This is the new (CONWAY).

at our place, they want dsr's to do maintence work.ie replace office lights, fix doors and all kinds of stuff that the ppl they fired used to do. I say not job I was hired to do!

If a DSR wants to do that kind of work ,there shouldn't be a problem with it.Most (key word most) can still relate to a driver.The only problem I would see if the DSR gets a power trip off of it or doesn't respect a senior driver or any driver as far as that goes.If the guy is on the bottom of the board more than likely he isn't going to get out on the street much anyway .They might be a valueable asset if/when it does pickup.In some cases it doesn't matter how long a guy has worked at Conway he still may have more experince in freight.Everybody has there certain nic's ,guy may suck on the street but be one heck of a dockman or linehaul driver.dude may kick butt on the street but can move a skid of freight without hitting something.To each his own I suppose.

I know that the fos's at most of the reships I go to don't know thier *** from a hole in the ground. I hope you read this XGO (CGO).:smilie_132::tongue0002::maddance3::eck13:

Length of time don't mean chit. If you been here 20 days or 20 years it does not matter as long as you don't screw around and get your work done. The problem I have is the ones that think they are above getting their hands dirty and try to knife you in the back if you don't kiss their @$$ all the while they are polishing a knob in the office trying to get out of doing much at all. Some put priority on sucking their way up the ladder while others don't mind working for it.Lazy people make me grouchy.Just my two cents.