XPO | Dsr?

Mavrickjubei

TB Lurker
Credits
What does DSR stand for? Is that City driver or Linehaul? There is a position for truck driver in Laurel, MS that I am looking at applying for and when the email form opens up it shows DSR. I'm looking for a linehaul position, but will consider city as I have did it for 4 years at SAIA. Thanks!
Mavrickjubei:TR10driving03:

What does DSR stand for? Is that City driver or Linehaul? There is a position for truck driver in Laurel, MS that I am looking at applying for and when the email form opens up it shows DSR. I'm looking for a linehaul position, but will consider city as I have did it for 4 years at SAIA. Thanks!
Mavrickjubei:TR10driving03:
Why did you leave SAIA? If you didn't like SAIA, you are not going to like Conway. :chairshot: More work over here.

I left SAIA because of a forced resignation by the TM of Nashville. Ask any driver that works at the Nashville terminal or linehaul driver that has passed through how popular the TM is there! The work don't scare me. I was putting in 14 hours every day and then some and working linehaul on the weekends for extra money. When you're deep in debt like me you tend to work long hours. Thanks for the definition! Does Conway hire directly into P&D or Linehaul? Does the person responsible for hiring at the Terminal tell you whether it is for Linehaul/P&D or is everyone hired into a P&D position then applies for linehaul?

Each service center varies...at some places, senior people like days in the city, others they prefer linehaul due to the miles and pay...just depends on the location..

You will most likely be on what's called the flex board or intro board, this means you will work city one day then dock the next then linehaul the next and so on. It will stay that way until you get a bid or become a regular employee.

dsr

if you like this business go for it. you will make great money, have good benefits and a good retirement if you can tuff it out. just make up your mind from the get-go that you can handle any thing that they toss your way. dont matter what freight line you work for corporate america has taken over .they all read their dictionaries so they can throw out some big words at you in the meetings so know what they mean and you will be fine.nothing is basic and simple anymore, but as long as they are paying you well play the game. this is my 37th yr. in this business, 17 with conway and i still like it,but i am getting tired. i work the dock and do p&d. 57 yrs old and at this point still handling it. give it a shot and time at least a year.

I left SAIA because of a forced resignation by the TM of Nashville. Ask any driver that works at the Nashville terminal or linehaul driver that has passed through how popular the TM is there! The work don't scare me. I was putting in 14 hours every day and then some and working linehaul on the weekends for extra money. When you're deep in debt like me you tend to work long hours. Thanks for the definition! Does Conway hire directly into P&D or Linehaul? Does the person responsible for hiring at the Terminal tell you whether it is for Linehaul/P&D or is everyone hired into a P&D position then applies for linehaul?

Hey Mavrick, first and foremost, Conway is a great place to work. The majority of our employees are very dedicated and over all a good group of people to work with on a daily/nightly basis. No matter where you go you will have your share of BS and disgruntled employees, but don't let that discourage you. Secondly, depending upon that specific terminals needs, you will have the option of working days or nights depending on how long you will be on the flex board. But once you actually get a bid sheet to fill out (December), bid exactly what you wish to do, and where you want to go. Then if you are forced into a bid position, it may not be what you want at that time but pay your dues and hang in there and you too will eventually reep the rewards. And then when your position that you wanted and bid on opens up, you will be in line to get that spot. Any more questions that you may have, feel free to PM me and I will answer ASAP. Good luck to you no matter where you go.:1036316054:

"Why did you leave SAIA? If you didn't like SAIA, you are not going to like Conway. More work over here."

Are you kidding me? Saia is not even in the same class as Conway. If you like driving good equipment, then you will like Conway.

Hey Mavrick, first and foremost, Conway is a great place to work. The majority of our employees are very dedicated and over all a good group of people to work with on a daily/nightly basis. No matter where you go you will have your share of BS and disgruntled employees, but don't let that discourage you. Secondly, depending upon that specific terminals needs, you will have the option of working days or nights depending on how long you will be on the flex board. But once you actually get a bid sheet to fill out (December), bid exactly what you wish to do, and where you want to go. Then if you are forced into a bid position, it may not be what you want at that time but pay your dues and hang in there and you too will eventually reep the rewards. And then when your position that you wanted and bid on opens up, you will be in line to get that spot. Any more questions that you may have, feel free to PM me and I will answer ASAP. Good luck to you no matter where you go.:1036316054:

Your posts are very professional and I'm encouraged to ask you a few questions . I intend on applying for a DSR position Washington state . I'm currently on layoff status from DHL which now appears to have thrown in the towel here in the US . I was a pm supervisor with that outfit but now want to pursue a new career as a driver . I have 3 years experience on sterling equipment hauling 53 foot trailers . I'm quite impressed with the posts on this board regarding conway and believe I'm making the correct career move . Being in the industry , I understand the pitfalls of being on the bottom of the seniority list . The money is sporadic and never constant . What is the money or rather the HOURS situation at conway for the newbees ? Please be honest so that I can make an informed decision . thank you all .

Your posts are very professional and I'm encouraged to ask you a few questions . I intend on applying for a DSR position Washington state . I'm currently on layoff status from DHL which now appears to have thrown in the towel here in the US . I was a pm supervisor with that outfit but now want to pursue a new career as a driver . I have 3 years experience on sterling equipment hauling 53 foot trailers . I'm quite impressed with the posts on this board regarding conway and believe I'm making the correct career move . Being in the industry , I understand the pitfalls of being on the bottom of the seniority list . The money is sporadic and never constant . What is the money or rather the HOURS situation at conway for the newbees ? Please be honest so that I can make an informed decision . thank you all .

some weeks you may max out your hours some weeks you may only work 30 .. it varies from location to location .. If you work at a terminal that is open 24 hours ie a break center chances are you may stay busy and get 40 hours a week. The larger the location the better chances you will get a decent weekly check .. but being on the bottom of anybody's driver board at ANY carrier right now is a crap shoot ..

if you like this business go for it. you will make great money, have good benefits and a good retirement if you can tuff it out. just make up your mind from the get-go that you can handle any thing that they toss your way. dont matter what freight line you work for corporate america has taken over .they all read their dictionaries so they can throw out some big words at you in the meetings so know what they mean and you will be fine.nothing is basic and simple anymore, but as long as they are paying you well play the game. this is my 37th yr. in this business, 17 with conway and i still like it,but i am getting tired. i work the dock and do p&d. 57 yrs old and at this point still handling it. give it a shot and time at least a year.

:hide: Please expound on your statement about a good retirement. :smilie_132:

:hide: Please expound on your statement about a good retirement. :smilie_132:

Sounds like you got burned bad by the pension. Not gonna speak for you but 100% of 6% in a 401k is an A+ at any job in any industry.

From what I understand, senior employees are getting up to 11%. That is the highest match I have ever heard of... Period...