XPO | Dui

ccxnobody

TB Regular
Credits
What happens to a conway dsr if he gets in a vehicle accident in his own private vehicle, gets arrested for a DUI and veering over centerline causing a 3 car accident? Does he get fired?

The policy used to be that a person had 90 days to get it straight. I heard that they changed it & it was grounds for termination, however there was a driver that was suppose to have been given 1 year to get his straightened out. So we will all be curious to see how this one turns out.

new laws

With The New Laws In The Northwest
Your Cdl Is The Same Has A Normal License, You Get A Dui Your Toast.
Strike One You Can Fight
Unless It Involes Injury. Then You Can Loss It..

In Ca, they like to make an example out of us "prooooofessionals"....blow .08, you are looking at a year with no A, 30 days no C...Con-way gives you 30 days to get it straight, or hasta so longa...what really sucks is you can get it reduced in court, but it's DMV who gets to decide the punishment...talk about a worthless bunch of s**ts getting to have that much power...but the lesson is, DON'T DO IT....walk, taxi, friggin' mule, whatever...but don't throw your career away..

In Ca, they like to make an example out of us "prooooofessionals"....blow .08, you are looking at a year with no A, 30 days no C...Con-way gives you 30 days to get it straight, or hasta so longa...what really sucks is you can get it reduced in court, but it's DMV who gets to decide the punishment...talk about a worthless bunch of s**ts getting to have that much power...but the lesson is, DON'T DO IT....walk, taxi, friggin' mule, whatever...but don't throw your career away..

In a nutshell that is good advice.:1036316054:

With The New Laws In The Northwest
Your Cdl Is The Same Has A Normal License, You Get A Dui Your Toast.
Strike One You Can Fight
Unless It Involes Injury. Then You Can Loss It..

All i know is there are allot of anxiously awaiting junior folks who have dreams of moving up the ladder...pathetic...but hey...we all know the rules...

CDL Sandards fair or unfair ?

The mule will cost you, a horse will cost you. Anything that moves, i.e. Mule, riding mower, bicycle, little red pedal powered firetruck, will be a DWI, or DUI if you are a CDL Professional.

What happens to a conway dsr if he gets in a vehicle accident in his own private vehicle, gets arrested for a DUI and veering over centerline causing a 3 car accident? Does he get fired?

I know of two that plead no contest and did a plea agreements and saved their jobs.. as long as you dont plead guilty .. you can plea it out and save your job ... it will cost you ca$h

The mule will cost you, a horse will cost you. Anything that moves, i.e. Mule, riding mower, bicycle, little red pedal powered firetruck, will be a DWI, or DUI if you are a CDL Professional.

Heck in Illinois with a CDL EVEN in your own car ,all it takes is point 04 and you're in DEEP ****!!!!!!

First, if you go out with the intention of drinking.. TAKE A DESIGNATED DRIVER to get you home.

I've seen way too many pictures and vehicles of accidents over the years caused by drunk drivers.

And could you live with yourself aftewards if you found out you took a life? You crippled someone? Or you yourself end up in a wheelchair?

ANYONE that drinks and drives should go to a wrecker yard and look. Oh and try not to gag on what you find inside.

At the age of 21 my nephew has had to have his neck, front and back, fused. He'll have problems for the rest of his life, he can't lift his head up to see in the sky, he has to bend his body. His life is limited from now on. And his truck is flattened, in the wrecker yard.

About 4 years ago, we had a driver that got busted for DUI. Your license is automaticaly suspended for atleast 6 months. This happened in December and they let him work the dock through January So that he could get both ICP checks.

Dumb driver but nice TM to help him out that much.:1036316054:

About 4 years ago, we had a driver that got busted for DUI. Your license is automaticaly suspended for atleast 6 months. This happened in December and they let him work the dock through January So that he could get both ICP checks.

Most employers figure you can't be trusted to be a safe driver.
Once you've a had a conviction of a DUI.

They feel you have very little,or no responsibilty to do anything,in a safe manor,because of the selfish act of driving drunk.

So these companies won't even except any allicants that have had even one DUI conviction.

You should use your head if your a drinker,as there is so much of your life your throwing away if you drive after consumming adult beverages.