TForce | DUI

Assuming you're a driver first comes rehabilitation after completion you'll be afforded the right to work 40 hours per week at the dock pay rate of $27.30 minus 10℅ reduction in pay until such time as you're able to receive your driving privileges. It's a 1 shot deal if at any time in the future you get another DUI or fail a drug or alcohol test you're terminated

Assuming you're a driver first comes rehabilitation after completion you'll be afforded the right to work 40 hours per week at the dock pay rate of $27.30 minus 10℅ reduction in pay until such time as you're able to receive your driving privileges. It's a 1 shot deal if at any time in the future you get another DUI or fail a drug or alcohol test you're terminated

No I'm retired now but I had a friend get a DUI. I was just wondering what happens. Thanks for the input..

We had 2 line haul drivers arrested different times for DUI when we were Overnite.
Because it was their first offense,& they drove truck for a living.
The court gave them both a conditional license to only drive to the Terminal.
Drive their turns & drive back home.
I also know it cost them a boat load of money before they were cleared.
They both also had to go to a rehab program,& be on probation for awhile.
However that was Overnite,I don't know if UPS would have it the same?

you will go through a out patient rehabilitation, Mine was 52 days, that was a court order, then UPS drug and alcohol people will contact your Union and manager and you will have to sign some kind of rehab agreement, I had to do breath test randomly every month for a year and 5 years AA once a week, they will give you a sheet that you will need signed and dated by your AA consoler, and you will need to fax that to the SAP (UPS drug and alcohol) every month by the 5th, if your late or forget you will be terminated. This is the HELL I've been going through since my "buzz drunk" incident 6 years ago, I retire Thursday. I was not given the opportunity to work the dock till after I finished my court ordered rehab, I was not given 40 hours a week and I could not bump, even part timers, that was the OLD contract. I had 1 year to get my CDL back, if I couldn't I was terminated, I was at DMV waiting in line with 150 people, had to pay $120.00 to reinstate my license, and retake the basic written test, I was really stressed that day. After about 2 months I was able to "Prove" myself on the dock and was getting close to getting 30 hours a week working split shift, It sucked the life out of me and knocked me down from #1 road driver to dock, but I was able after that year of hell, to get my life right and retire with some dignity, to those of you who like drinking, they don't tolerate the 2 beers at dinner or the club anymore, you drink you drive you lose.

I did leave out 2 items with those 2 line haul drivers I worked with when we were Overnite.
They both were arrested in their own personal vehicles,if they were drunk in the truck,they'd have been fired.
The other thing is I mentioned the court gave them conditional licenses to keep working.
Well this was before the days of the CDL,you see I started at Overnite in 1986,long before CDL's were the requirement.

So I probably should of not even offered my opinion on this subject,as I don't know how the courts deal with folks with CDL's?

you will go through a out patient rehabilitation, Mine was 52 days, that was a court order, then UPS drug and alcohol people will contact your Union and manager and you will have to sign some kind of rehab agreement, I had to do breath test randomly every month for a year and 5 years AA once a week, they will give you a sheet that you will need signed and dated by your AA consoler, and you will need to fax that to the SAP (UPS drug and alcohol) every month by the 5th, if your late or forget you will be terminated. This is the HELL I've been going through since my "buzz drunk" incident 6 years ago, I retire Thursday. I was not given the opportunity to work the dock till after I finished my court ordered rehab, I was not given 40 hours a week and I could not bump, even part timers, that was the OLD contract. I had 1 year to get my CDL back, if I couldn't I was terminated, I was at DMV waiting in line with 150 people, had to pay $120.00 to reinstate my license, and retake the basic written test, I was really stressed that day. After about 2 months I was able to "Prove" myself on the dock and was getting close to getting 30 hours a week working split shift, It sucked the life out of me and knocked me down from #1 road driver to dock, but I was able after that year of hell, to get my life right and retire with some dignity, to those of you who like drinking, they don't tolerate the 2 beers at dinner or the club anymore, you drink you drive you lose.

Wow! Glad you made it to the finish line! Just trying to survive until I can retire(or my body gives out).

I still remember the days when DUI was nothing more than a summary offense. Today it will change your life and not for the better. And it is exponentially worse for those of us who drive for a living. Nitetrain, you have my sympathies, I feel like you and others like you have overpaid for your infraction.

I still remember the days when DUI was nothing more than a summary offense. Today it will change your life and not for the better. And it is exponentially worse for those of us who drive for a living. Nitetrain, you have my sympathies, I feel like you and others like you have overpaid for your infraction.

Thank you, It is something that I would not wish on my greatest enemy...I went to Arkansas for my grandmothers funeral, at the wake I had 3 beers with dinner, drove 2 miles to the motel and was pulled over for going 8 miles over the posted speed, They asked me if I had anything to drink, I said yes. I passed the field test, he gave me a handheld breath test which he tried 5 times to register. he finally got me at .06, His partner noticed I had a CDL and that is .04, I was arrested and placed in a cell for 10 hours, I personally paid over 5000.00 dollars in court cost and attorney fees, Arkansas law would have allowed me a diversion if I complete 52 hours of rehab and attend a MADD meeting, but my state of Kansas which my license is issued rejected it and revoked my license for 1 year. But I did miss the new law, by 1 day, I did not have a mandatory breathalyzer installed in my vehicle. That would have cost 100.00 for installment and you have to have them recalibrated once a month @75.00 a pop. Going through rehab and AA was the worst cause I'm not an alcoholic and the counselors couldn't understand why I was there. But it was company SAP ordered ,