ADuiePyle | Duie Pyle Drivers don't have much to say.

[quote author=pup driver link=topic=82494.msg852728#msg852728 date=1280452996]
Is Duie Pyle a Teamster company? I wouldn't know as they are not in the Chicago area .
[/quote]
Just for trucking history acknowledegement as followed. Duie Pyle were Teamsters in 1979 they decertified after a lenghty strike of like 14 weeks or so? Prior to deregulation in June of 1980. They are the only ex-teamster carrier that I know of to decertify,survive ,and thrive in deregulation era of rucking. What also helpd their bottom line is they wharehouse at various locations in Ohio,and the Northeast, have a truckoad division via owner operators, LTL, :and do the infamous as all outfits have done at one time or another LOGISTICS!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote author=V ROD link=topic=82494.msg854186#msg854186 date=1280780626]
BTW, I made 40 grand 12 years ago... Keep on wishing :) see ya :dance:
[/quote]

Maybe you should keep on WISHING for some hooked on phonics so you can learn to read the thread dude.... I was answering Shoeman's question regarding hours worked not money made... If your going to come on our board and spew negativity, then at least keep up :thumbsup:

[quote author=Ped X-ing link=topic=82494.msg854143#msg854143 date=1280767232]
Of course the game can change at any moment, thats what keeps us in business. We can fill in for each other to get the job done. As for FT and PT employees, PT vary hours, but FT is going to get a 40 hour week. We aren't guaranteed OT but at least 40ish is a given. The brothers are good to us. Every company has its positives and negatives, but when was the last time Zollers came to your terminal just to say hello? I saw P.L. just the other week and he even remembered my wife's name. :shift:
[/quote] That wasn't really the answer I was looking for . What kind of protection do you all have at D P against an unjust supervisor who's gold is to make life miserable for you like Yellow/Roadway . [they need the union big time ] Supervisors like that exists in both union and with the non's . Probably more so in a nonunion company because the employees do not have any kind of representation .

cut the teamster vs non debates here, all non employees of ADP are guests in this forum, take the arguing about union vs or pay scale differences between the two to the Teamsers/Non debate forum

[quote author=Jeff link=topic=82494.msg854206#msg854206 date=1280783988]
cut the teamster vs non debates here, all non employees of ADP are guests in this forum, take the arguing about union vs or pay scale differences between the two to the Teamsers/Non debate forum
[/quote] I am not debating or arguing union verses the nons. If you noticed I said that bad supervisors exists in both union and non . I was curious as to how they handle that sort of problem at D P. that's all . I do not think that I displayed any disrecpect to any one at D P .

[quote author=pup driver link=topic=82494.msg854211#msg854211 date=1280784824]
I am not debating or arguing union verses the nons. If you noticed I said that bad supervisors exists in both union and non . I was curious as to how they handle that sort of problem at D P. that's all . I do not think that I displayed any disrecpect to any one at D P .
[/quote]

I think that Pup and I could have a good conversation as he is being respectful, however V Rod is acting like a real V.

As for our supervisors, most of them are pretty good, but there are a few bad eggs. Like I had mentioned earlier, the brothers, specifically P.L make their presence known at each facility. When they do, you have their ear. From what I heard, that was the reason one of our TM's was let go out west (in our service area) a while back. :clap:

Sorry!! I'll let you ladies have a private butt smootch... :buttkisser:

[quote author=Ped X-ing link=topic=82494.msg854365#msg854365 date=1280839865]
I think that Pup and I could have a good conversation as he is being respectful, however V Rod is acting like a real V.

As for our supervisors, most of them are pretty good, but there are a few bad eggs. Like I had mentioned earlier, the brothers, specifically P.L make their presence known at each facility. When they do, you have their ear. From what I heard, that was the reason one of our TM's was let go out west (in our service area) a while back. :clap:
[/quote] This is a little of the subject but I am curious . Do you have any old guys there from [MFX] Motor Freight Express York, PA. ? They probably would be your senior men by now. I started with Akron Chicago in the middle of the 60's [after comming home from the Army] and then MFX came in and bought us . I was with them [MFX] and then went to Yellow Freight . Where I spent most of my going on 44 years .

[quote author=pup driver link=topic=82494.msg854496#msg854496 date=1280869852]
This is a little of the subject but I am curious . Do you have any old guys there from [MFX] Motor Freight Express York, PA. ? They probably would be your senior men by now. I started with Akron Chicago in the middle of the 60's [after comming home from the Army] and then MFX came in and bought us . I was with them [MFX] and then went to Yellow Freight . Where I spent most of my going on 44 years .
[/quote]

I dont recall running into anyone that mentioned working for MFX in any of my conversations. I will ask next time I venture out that way. I am sure some of your old buddies are hauling for us :shift:

[quote author=Ped X-ing link=topic=82494.msg855196#msg855196 date=1281037915]
I dont recall running into anyone that mentioned working for MFX in any of my conversations. I will ask next time I venture out that way. I am sure some of your old buddies are hauling for us :shift:
[/quote] I kinda doubt if many if at all any of them old guys are still behind the wheel , heck they all got to be in their mid to late 60's should all be on pension if their still this side of the grass .