Dumb driver accident...Tulsa OK...

zeroday

TB Veteran
Credits
So I'm going to pick up a load at this customer and what do I see...Now here's the funny thing even if he could have made the turn there was no way to turn around and back into the dock once he got in, it is clearly obvious even before you attempt the turn. You have to back in from the road to get to the docks...Try explaining this to your boss...

DSC00755.jpg

DSC00763.jpg

Nice,looking at the photos you can see that this trucker really didn't use his head,when he swung a bit short.
thanks for your post and photos 1tt1.

Here is a perfect case of why it is very smart to carry a camera with you.
I always had a photo gallery to show my boss whenever he started whining about why I couldn't do something.
My co-workers always tried just explaining their difficulty but he never wanted to hear it.
Having photos, now that is the deal maker every time,on the side of the driver.

Isn't STAR another covenant (similar to USATruck) owned company??
Might help explain the FAILURE!!

Another QUALITY truck driver!!

CHEERS!!

If you look a the driveway you can see that is was smaller at one time.... I think they should of made it a little wider for the newbies.

DSC00763.jpg

No Entrance path can be made wide enough for some questionable drivers.

The old saying of USE ALL THE ROOM AVAILABLE isn't known or taught to these newbies and we suffer their lack of knowledge.

Get Out And Look doesn't specifically apply to Backing!!

LTI on the trailer must mean LOST/LAST TIME INCIDENT.

Not only that but he was fully loaded you can see his drives are off the road. Now you have to know the tandems are going into the ditch even before they do so why would you continue...

Just another school boy steering wheel holder.....Until wages go up...these things will continue to happen...GOOD drivers can't be hired for 1970 wages

Trail n error the best way to learn. I cannot lie, I've done some stupid things too.... : )

Last edited by a moderator:
So true Stan when I was still working and was a UPS Freight safety trainer.
I was forever reminding the future UPS Freight newbies in my care,that experience is always the best teacher.
Simply because nobody is ever born with a steering wheel in their hands.

I am sure a lot of us can say,been there done that on some of the mishaps that get posted on this forum.
I must admit I had my fair share of whoops when I was just starting out in the trucking biss!