ADuiePyle | E-Logs

Short Timer

TB Lurker
Credits
How are the e-logs working out for everyone? Is it a better deal for day drivers? How about the night drivers? Any unforeseen problems? I haven't had any major problems as of yet but I always feel like I am forgetting something. Sometimes end times are not correct on the 'approval'. Doesn't show the final clock out time correctly. Still don't have enough confidence to quit the paper logs yet. Figure I will continue them through the end of August anyway. I know it is a tried and proven system but don't feel we were trained thoroughly enough and don't feel that the people we are to go to for answers are trained well enough also. Also haven't been in any DOT checks with it yet. What happens if the Qual Comm goes down in mid trip and then you end up in a DOT check and they ask for previous 8 days? Will we have to carry a paper log with us at all times, JUST IN CASE?

Its working well so far for me in linehaul. Some guys are gonna run paper until the end of the month but I'm fairly confident that they have most of the bugs worked out.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Should not be using paper logs too at this point in time. The test period is over and the paper and E-logs are considered 2 logs, which is a DOT no no. They should stop the paper logs now. If they get fined they will be on their own.

How are the e-logs working out for everyone? Is it a better deal for day drivers? How about the night drivers? Any unforeseen problems? I haven't had any major problems as of yet but I always feel like I am forgetting something. Sometimes end times are not correct on the 'approval'. Doesn't show the final clock out time correctly. Still don't have enough confidence to quit the paper logs yet. Figure I will continue them through the end of August anyway. I know it is a tried and proven system but don't feel we were trained thoroughly enough and don't feel that the people we are to go to for answers are trained well enough also. Also haven't been in any DOT checks with it yet. What happens if the Qual Comm goes down in mid trip and then you end up in a DOT check and they ask for previous 8 days? Will we have to carry a paper log with us at all times, JUST IN CASE?

Overall the logs are working well. In the beginning there were some hicups, but that's what a training period is for. Some drivers asked for help(got it), some wanted to see the video again and they were helped. Hey the 1st time you saw the Qualcom it had to be learned, how about your new phone ! As for the DOT, trucking companies have been using E-Logs for years and they are used to them.:1036316054:

I am a linehaul driver. No problems here. Just need to be careful. The layout and function is slightly different between the old vs new QCOMMS.
I just forget to enter the new loads. But no biggie

I was told by our safety dept at Pitt Ohio that they have 2 weeks to produce the required logs if PeopleNet goes down.

In line haul it is suggested we keep a log book with us in case there is a failure with the e logs. Then stare scribbling

We are also required to have a paper log book available so we can at least show the current day, and also a user manual ( really just a pamphlet) for the e-logs.

If elogs in truck go down someone in either safety or central dispatch should be able to fax or email your last 7 days of logs. Its happened to me when i was at SEFL when doing tractor swaps.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

E-Logs required by all carriers by January 2015. Unless the Feds change it.
Is that for city operations also? I have seen the units in certain line-haul trucks here at 050. But they are supposed to stay on the Dayton ad Carlisle runs.
Nothing for city trucks yet.