FedEx Freight | Earning call transcript.

FedEx (FDX) Q3 2023 Earnings Call Transcript | The Motley Fool

Every mention of FREIGHT is in a good light. Ground is apparently holding up Express, which apparently isn't doing well.

In the Q&A section, almost no mention of Freight, but lots of concern for Express.

Nothing that I saw mentioned anything abt a possible merger, and I'd have expected that to come up, given the rumors
new article

Wonder if they would dovetail express drivers to freight? Since they are company and ground are contractors.
There's nothing to dovetail. 2 totally different operations. FXE has a heavyweight (skidded) division, but it's basically non-existant in size compared to FxF. 99% of FxE class A drivers do shuttle runs, amd on top of that, basically none have their tripple or tanker endorsement.

It would be a total Cluster Eff trying to merge that

There's nothing to dovetail. 2 totally different operations. FXE has a heavyweight (skidded) division, but it's basically non-existant in size compared to FxF. 99% of FxE class A drivers do shuttle runs, amd on top of that, basically none have their tripple or tanker endorsement.

It would be a total Cluster Eff trying to merge that
Ah but sir, you forget our DDC trainers have been working on getting FXE double/triple certified.

our local FXE crew would basically shove everyone down at our terminal, including our #1 currently, he'd probably hang it up and say **** it at that point.

Ah but sir, you forget our DDC trainers have been working on getting FXE double/triple certified.

our local FXE crew would basically shove everyone down at our terminal, including our #1 currently, he'd probably hang it up and say **** it at that point.
Between

When have Freight DD instructors been working with Express in a widespread capicity?
Also, why would a DD even be needed? Triples and Tanker is just a test. No training needed.
FxE class A drivers are a non factor. Half wouldn't make the transition, and 90% wouldn't dare come to the city side.

Between

When have Freight DD instructors been working with Express in a widespread capicity?
Also, why would a DD even be needed? Triples and Tanker is just a test. No training needed.
FxE class A drivers are a non factor. Half wouldn't make the transition, and 90% wouldn't dare come to the city side.
It's a test to get license, but to officially pull triples you have to take a 8hr course.

It's a test to get license, but to officially pull triples you have to take a 8hr course.
I'm not understanding what you mean. Since when do you need a course to legally pull combinations?

I had my class A for years. Needed D&T endorsement. Went to the DMV, took a 20 question test, and that was that.

At any rate, since when is FxF loaning out its DD guys to Express to "train" them?

February of 22 kicked in a new Entry Level Driver Training requirement for CDL upgrades.
True story. Proof of schooling required for upgrades to CDL.

Also, we are doing some training of Express apprentices, but NOT doubles or tank, and not widespread... Yet.

They don't have many Class A positions, to begin with. Ratio vs freight? I'd say 100 to 1.

True story. Proof of schooling required for upgrades to CDL.

Also, we are doing some training of Express apprentices, but NOT doubles or tank, and not widespread... Yet.

They don't have many Class A positions, to begin with. Ratio vs freight? I'd say 100 to 1.
Didn't know that about the endorsements.

Freight combining with Express is basically a non factor for Freight guys,and at any rate, I don't see them combining Freight with G or E.