ABF | Earnings up, tonnage down...

I'm gonna get in trouble for this just trying to help with the points of view....."For YRCW’s mostly non-union competitors". Now I read that as a hint that there may have been SOME Union Carrier trying too, altho you are correct it does not specifically say. Please don't shoot the mesenger.
And here was his sidekicks first post on the thread. Implying ABF was as joe called them. But yet he posted no proof of his and joe's slandering remarks. But hey Brothers they are not trying to harm us or make us look like villains are they? YEAH RIGHT!

Hey can I add something just as a rebutal.....even at 25% are we not paying in almost as much as ABF? ....So whos paying mine? :confused:

PS what actual rate is the 25% figured on.....so much has happened I forgot
As you can see he posted this figure but never said or implied(A WORD HE USES A LOT) that not all that 25% does not go into Teamsters pension plans. A large part goes into 401K plans because their pension funds would not accept a lower rate. So his 25% was a MISLEADING FIGURE GOING INTO OUR MULTI EMPLOYER PENSION FUNDS! he may want to now change his post to reflect facts. YOUR JUST SAYING BROTHER ALWAYS!

Ya, the life of the party right there. But how does the ABF'er fit into this group of elite wise men? :biglaugh:

from the link:
Hmmmmm-1.gif

ABF’s labor contract lawsuit is no longer an option so Ms. McReynolds can work more to develop a permanent solution to correct the payment of non-ABF multiemployer pension benefits
how is this accomplished, Judy?​
See the trolls remarks on this thread? And he WHINES about Brothers who push back!

Already stipulated that......Too set here and insist that a company with 7000 employees will prop up the funds is ludicrous. If ya don't want the 7 million call the funds tell them cuz they are gladly taking it....Most of them.
Again another erroneous post. But I'm just saying.

Here it is Brothers. You will all get one post to end this matter. Then after that you will either stick to the thread subject or be asked to go to another forum. Have at it one post and that is it. YOUR MODERATING BROTHER ALWAYS!

Thanks to all for the good times.... My time has come and gone. :1036316054: I'm ready Jeff, you can pull the plug.

Thanks to all for the good times.... My time has come and gone. :1036316054: I'm ready Jeff, you can pull the plug.
You had your post. And again you read into a post something that wasn't there. NOBODY SAID YOU WOULD BE BAN. JUST SAYING! Good Luck.

The teamsters at ABF were not persuaded to grant concessions.

Now that is where you you couldn't be more wrong...both...the IBT and the company joined up and went on an all out campaign to try and convince us for the need of and to accept the concessions and that includes having Tyson just outright lie.You make this statement out of just plain ignorance because you haven't a clue to what all both sides did to try and get us to approve the concessions.And if you need examples of this...just ask because there are plenty for me to choose from. There is no believing in what took place there...it was a fact!

And you sit there and wonder why some get so upset...because it is these kind of ignorant remarks!

Last edited by a moderator:
The teamsters at ABF were not persuaded to grant concessions. And I believe rightly so. The financial conditions were and remain vastly different at ABF than were and are at YRCF. I believed the SEC filings by YRCW. And when a corporation is losing BILLIONS a VERY compelling argument can be made to grant economic relief. Such was NOT the case at ABF.

Now that is where you you couldn't be more wrong...both...the IBT and the company joined up and went on an all out campaign to try and convince us for the need of and to accept the concessions and that includes having Tyson just outright lie.You make this statement out of just plain ignorance because you haven't a clue to what all both sides did to try and get us to approve the concessions.And if you need examples of this...just ask because there are plenty for me to choose from. There is no believing in what took place there...it was a fact!

And you sit there and wonder why some get so upset...because it is these kind of ignorant remarks!

I think we might have a misunderstanding here. albag said, "The teamsters at ABF were not persuaded to grant concessions." He is correct, we were not persuaded. BUT it is not because the IBT and ABF didn't try. Nobody can blame ABF management for trying. It is just business to them and business is, after all, business. What we have to look at here is the IBT's actions and motives. Is it because of ABF's legal action that the IBT got behind them for the concessions? Or was it more like incompetence? I don't think any of us will ever know the answer to that. And I am not so sure I really want to know.

I think we might have a misunderstanding here. albag said, "The teamsters at ABF were not persuaded to grant concessions." He is correct, we were not persuaded. BUT it is not because the IBT and ABF didn't try. Nobody can blame ABF management for trying. It is just business to them and business is, after all, business. What we have to look at here is the IBT's actions and motives. Is it because of ABF's legal action that the IBT got behind them for the concessions? Or was it more like incompetence? I don't think any of us will ever know the answer to that. And I am not so sure I really want to know.

You make a very good point ABFer...when I read that statement I understood it as nobody tried to persuade the ABF Teamsters to grant concessions. And for that I apologize Albag!

I agree with you ABFer about not blaming ABF at all in trying for the concessions...it's the IBT that thoroughly disgusted me on the way they went all out to try and persuade us to take the concessions and IMO...it wasn't incompetence either...especially on Tyson's part with his flat out lies.The answer that I would like to know is just what was their motive.

Thanks for pointing that out to me ABFer!

Thanks. I sincerely apologize if ANYTHING I posted here was inappropriate. When all is said and done, I believe that a huge majority of YRCW teamsters wish only the best of outcomes for ABF.

Thanks. I sincerely apologize if ANYTHING I posted here was inappropriate. When all is said and done, I believe that a huge majority of YRCW teamsters wish only the best of outcomes for ABF.

IMO...You don't have anything to apologize for Albag...you come here just like most of us to voice your opinion which you have every right to do so. It's just the ones that come here to intentionally cause trouble and disrupt our forum because of their own personal dislike for ABF and the ABF Teamsters that gets under our skin.It's that kind of poster that is very dangerous to our solidarity right now.

I thank you for the best wishes and I truly wish the best for YRCW too!

One of the best things pointed out in this thread was the fact we can move less freight for a bigger profit. That means that the supply and demand might be turning. If all was equal in wages and benefits the only way for a company to survive and profit would be thru service. Isn't that a great idea? A trucking company only worried about service and not lenders.

I am soooo glad we got that resolved. I do not believe that Wolf or albag wish us any harm or doom and gloom (I can't say the same for Plunger Joe). I feel like we are all in this together (even though Wolf is retired as I wish I was) and that we all wish each other the best of this bad situation. I think we all know that the YRC predicament has effected the entire industry, union and non and that better days are wanted by all. The fact is that ABF is next on the agenda and it is a matter of interest to all, ABF as well as the rest. ABF is small potatoes compared to YRC but big in the grand scheme of matters upon us as this plays a major role in the upcoming landscape of the freight industry. There is much uncertainty in the near future and it will cause irritability amongst us. Let us all bond together and forge a better future for ourselves through discussion and communication. Geez I feel like I'm on some kind of soapbox here.

i am soooo glad we got that resolved. I do not believe that wolf or albag wish us any harm or doom and gloom (i can't say the same for plunger joe). I feel like we are all in this together (even though wolf is retired as i wish i was) and that we all wish each other the best of this bad situation. I think we all know that the yrc predicament has effected the entire industry, union and non and that better days are wanted by all. The fact is that abf is next on the agenda and it is a matter of interest to all, abf as well as the rest. Abf is small potatoes compared to yrc but big in the grand scheme of matters upon us as this plays a major role in the upcoming landscape of the freight industry. There is much uncertainty in the near future and it will cause irritability amongst us. Let us all bond together and forge a better future for ourselves through discussion and communication. Geez i feel like i'm on some kind of soapbox here.
More More!

More More!

It's sad when ABF'er cannot connect the tonnage down thing with the inability of the carrier to make a profit at a given discount. Carriers know what freight they are not making money on. But that freight may be keeping drivers working. Keep on cheering when your company can no longer afford to move freight and Old Dominion or one of the nons swoops in to pick it up. ABF has loyal customers who don't mind paying top dollar is a good thing. It's helps the stock too. :guiness: Here's hoping you bang 'em for another buck an hour like old times. Earnings up tonnage down works for me

You know Joe it is really sad, you talk of tonnage down and big discounts. Joe do you know down here in the south who is the cheapest carrier, giving the biggest discounts. Just in case you don't let me tell you YRC. They are now the cheapest carrier in our area. They are cheaper than any of the nons. Look everyone of the drivers both city and road knows abouts ABF's cost. We the ABF teamsters are not stupid as you seem to think. This up and coming contract the Teamsters at ABF will have to make a choice do we look out just for us and ABF, and leave the NMFA. By the way which you claim we are not a part of. Joe you may just get what you are looking for. You are so worried about ABF leaving the funds, you spend all of your time trying to sway us not to listen to anything about the funds. You spend more time on this forum (ABF) than you do on that of YRC. Now that is really funny.(hum):crybaby:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's sad when ABF'er cannot connect the tonnage down thing with the inability of the carrier to make a profit at a given discount. Carriers know what freight they are not making money on. But that freight may be keeping drivers working. Keep on cheering when your company can no longer afford to move freight and Old Dominion or one of the nons swoops in to pick it up. ABF has loyal customers who don't mind paying top dollar is a good thing. It's helps the stock too. :guiness: Here's hoping you bang 'em for another buck an hour like old times. Earnings up tonnage down works for me
If you think yrc or any other carrier hauls freight just to keep us working you are way off base. Everything they do is for the bottom line. As far as I can see it is your company that should be worried at the present. You keep talking about doom and gloom for ABF but you never connect being broke and hauling freight for cash flow to yrc. We the informed have done our homework. Now you have had your last post for being off topic. Stay on topic.

If you think yrc or any other carrier hauls freight just to keep us working you are way off base. Everything they do is for the bottom line. As far as I can see it is your company that should be worried at the present. You keep talking about doom and gloom for ABF but you never connect being broke and hauling freight for cash flow to yrc. We the informed have done our homework. Now you have had your last post for being off topic. Stay on topic.

Earnings up tonnage down was my post. It was a waste of my time. See ya.