EAST PIKELAND PA. Semi Truck Renders A Covered Bridge Structurally Unsound

I heard about this a few days ago while listening to Dave Nemo and it came out that this driver had only 5 days experience of driving a tractor trailer and like most of these type of accidents, he was following his GPS. Probably just got out of school and got his CDL 5 days ago. But everything about this is beyond reasoning. A wooden covered bridge with a sign 10' before the bridge, who in their right mind would even attempt such an act??????? Who hired this dude???? But anyway, according to the reports on the Dave Nemo show, this driver is facing a bunch of charges.

I heard about this a few days ago while listening to Dave Nemo and it came out that this driver had only 5 days experience of driving a tractor trailer and like most of these type of accidents, he was following his GPS. Probably just got out of school and got his CDL 5 days ago. But everything about this is beyond reasoning. A wooden covered bridge with a sign 10' before the bridge, who in their right mind would even attempt such an act??????? Who hired this dude???? But anyway, according to the reports on the Dave Nemo show, this driver is facing a bunch of charges.

I doubt this guy could even spell school.

Originally constructed in 1866 and "rehabilitated" in 1978, then in 2014 along comes one of the MOST INCOMPETENT truck drivers and kills the bridge.

That "driver" deserves nothing less than PERMANENT REVOCATION of his CDL, yet most companies merely waive penalties because of "driver retention".

Originally constructed in 1866 and "rehabilitated" in 1978, then in 2014 along comes one of the MOST INCOMPETENT truck drivers and kills the bridge.

That "driver" deserves nothing less than PERMANENT REVOCATION of his CDL, yet most companies merely waive penalties because of "driver retention".

Maybe states could use that as a question on CDL tests. If your trailer is 13'6" high, and you come upon an overpass, viaduct, wooden bridge, or any structure with a warning sign telling you the height of said structure is 13'2". Would you A. Proceed ahead. B Speed up and. proceed ahead. C. Proceed ahead, and slow down. Or D. Maintain your speed. E. DUH!

That is in my area and I know/knew that bridge. Apparently they got the truck out of there before news media showed up since it's not in the pics. It looks like the driver was driving for a mom and pop flower grower out of Joisey and I do hope they have enough insurance because the whole area feels a deep love for that bridge.

GPS,or no GPS how does anyone miss such a large height sign?
As well as not stopping when hearing the first crunching sounds upon entering a wooden bridge?

There's one of the news stories that had pictured of the truck, was a condo rental pulling a Curtainside. He made it all the way through. Had roof crossmembers from the bridge tangled up with top of the truck and trailer. I just don't know how...

Maybe states could use that as a question on CDL tests. If your trailer is 13'6" high, and you come upon an overpass, viaduct, wooden bridge, or any structure with a warning sign telling you the height of said structure is 13'2". Would you A. Proceed ahead. B Speed up and. proceed ahead. C. Proceed ahead, and slow down. Or D. Maintain your speed. E. DUH!

B speed up and proceed ahead to ensure you clear the structure