Pitt-Ohio | ECM Sold

ltltrkr

TB Veteran
PREMIUM
Credits
I see Werner bought 80% of ECM, so they basically control it now. Did Pitt sell off the 50 % they own of it ?

I see Werner bought 80% of ECM, so they basically control it now. Did Pitt sell off the 50 % they own of it ?
This is the first I’m hearing of this and don’t know any details beyond what is in the article. I’m surprised as Pitt Ohio has invested heavily in recent years to be a “one call does it all” carrier and ECM was the truckload arm and many terminals are shared as well. I do know that if I were an ECM driver I’d be concerned about my pay and benefit package.

This is the first I’m hearing of this and don’t know any details beyond what is in the article. I’m surprised as Pitt Ohio has invested heavily in recent years to be a “one call does it all” carrier and ECM was the truckload arm and many terminals are shared as well. I do know that if I were an ECM driver I’d be concerned about my pay and benefit package.
Should be interesting, but cash is king and if it was good offer who knows

Just saw this also. I was under the impression we owned 51% of ECM. But there is no mention of Pitt in the article. I’ll have to ask an ECM driver what they are hearing.

Pitt is using the money to buy the rest of its interest in Dorhn’s. But the big question is after it owns full interest in Dorhn’s and Ross. How long before they sell the company off? To someone like Averitt.

Just saw this also. I was under the impression we owned 51% of ECM. But there is no mention of Pitt in the article. I’ll have to ask an ECM driver what they are hearing.
when the list of top LTL Carriers came out Under PITT is listed ECM 50% ownership.

Pitt is using the money to buy the rest of its interest in Dorhn’s. But the big question is after it owns full interest in Dorhn’s and Ross. How long before they sell the company off? To someone like Averitt.
Assuming they haven’t already purchased the rest of Dohrn ?? - it won’t take much to buy the rest. They saved Dohrn more than they purchased. Ross is a different story!

Assuming they haven’t already purchased the rest of Dohrn ?? - it won’t take much to buy the rest. They saved Dohrn more than they purchased. Ross is a different story!
If they buy the balance of both with the money, do you think they would invert all into Pitt and do away with the other 2 names.

I drove past Werner’s terminal in Springfield OH today and saw an ECM sleeper cab and 5 brand new black daycab Freightliners with no branding, which I assume were ECM’s since the only Werner daycabs I’ve seen were ether two-tone blue or white.

I drove past Werner’s terminal in Springfield OH today and saw an ECM sleeper cab and 5 brand new black daycab Freightliners with no branding, which I assume were ECM’s since the only Werner daycabs I’ve seen were ether two-tone blue or white.
I wonder if anybody has been by Werner's Allentown location to see if its the same.

I wonder if anybody has been by Werner's Allentown location to see if its the same.
I was wondering that as well. We’re only out there after dark but IIRC, the terminal is on 22 so our linehaul wouldn’t drive past it anyway and I don’t know any Allentown city drivers to ask.

I got a closer look in Springfield yesterday and the Freightliners appear to be the same spec as ECM’s as far as the longer wheelbase than most wheelbase and arrangement of the tanks and DPF on the frame. The sleeper is a Mack Pinnacle is parked alongside some equipment that it appears might be retired.

I was noticing this week it appeared that there were less ECM trailers (still lots of trucks) in Columbus. Went to Pgh last night, and good lord all the trailers are there! Haven’t been to Pgh in awhile but used to be a lot of Ecm trailers on Friday night, double/triple stacked on far end of yard. It looked like a weekend yesterday. Quite a few looked new including some 48s.

ECM being a Electronic Control Module? Found in a lot of cars? von.

Three new ECM daycabs waiting to be prepped at the Pitt Ohio WSH terminal today. Also, parked next to the ECM Pinnacle at the Werner terminal are a few navy blue Volvos. I didn’t recall seeing many Volvos for Werner, and then I remembered what else was included in the sale.

EACF8DDA-A993-4F91-9194-C72F6B969472.md.jpg

Three new ECM daycabs waiting to be prepped at the Pitt Ohio WSH terminal today. Also, parked next to the ECM Pinnacle at the Werner terminal are a few navy blue Volvos. I didn’t recall seeing many Volvos for Werner, and then I remembered what else was included in the sale.

EACF8DDA-A993-4F91-9194-C72F6B969472.md.jpg
You’ve got to be doing a daytime run because I can’t see truck colors in Springfield at night!