Pitt-Ohio | ECMDRIVER - new member maybe you guys can help him .

ECMDRIVER
I DRIVE FOR ECM.THAT HAS BEEN PURCHASED BY WERNER. WE ARE IN ALL PITTS TERMINALS. WHAT HAPPENS IN 5YRS.
I don't see them staying in Pitts yards after that. 5 years is an eternity in trucking these days. Keep a clean driving record and save money and whatever happens you'll land on your feet. To be honest with Werner in control I wouldn't be overly optimistic that things are going to get better for drivers.

Werner is a parasite.

They want the profiteering now that FedEx and others quit taking on shippers.

Werner's reputation is such in the industry that is terrible. I will have to like be the last driver left on earth to be hired by the likes of such a crappy company. So whatever werner will buy, they will suck the money out and spit it into the trash in a couple of years.

We have been told nothing is going to change. But you know how that goes. Just from the terminal sharing side of it it doesn’t make sense. Every terminal I go to that has ECM in it, could definitely use the extra room if they weren’t there.

Yea Buddy (Michaelscott) I remember the day FedEx bought us (American Freightways) they told nothing was going to change , then they took our American Flags off our uniforms because we are international , then came a mass infestation of ass holes and purple uniforms .

I don't see them staying in Pitts yards after that. 5 years is an eternity in trucking these days. Keep a clean driving record and save money and whatever happens you'll land on your feet. To be honest with Werner in control I wouldn't be overly optimistic that things are going to get better for drivers.
Werner has a big place in Allentown, and other locations in the Pitt O
Werner has a big yard in Allentown that they are expanding. Has everything under one roof. I can’t see them not utilizing that for some ECM trucks, and they more of those locations around.

Yea Buddy (Michaelscott) I remember the day FedEx bought us (American Freightways) they told nothing was going to change , then they took our American Flags off our uniforms because we are international , then came a mass infestation of ass holes and purple uniforms .
Amen, Smoke, but I still have my AF jacket with OUR flag on it and the safe driving patches. They can't take that and all it took to get it!

I drove for ECM 06-08. Came here in 15. I know it’s more than one year but not sure how many more. Maybe that’ll change as we separate ourselves?
They probably made a deal with the selling of ECM, no one would buy it knowing the drivers could jut apply to the former owners other company for a job. 5 years sounds long but a year sounds short at this time

Now that the sale has taken place I believe that there would not be a waiting period. Pitt needs drivers now.I still think they would accept an application from an ECM driver.

Now that the sale has taken place I believe that there would not be a waiting period. Pitt needs drivers now.I still think they would accept an application from an ECM driver.
I have no doubt that they would gladly hire an ECM driver who met the qualifications since they will no longer be “robbing Peter to pay Paul” by filling Pitt trucks with ECM drivers. I think the only issue would be, as mentioned above, if part of the sales agreement is that Pitt would continue its waiting period which would at least slow the potential mass exodus that might occur if Werner expects them to do the same job for less pay and/or benefits.