XPO | Eld Rollout

You have to take
As soon as you punch your 14 hours start and if you drive within the 1st 7 hours when 8 hours is up you better have taken your 30
As soon as you punch your 14 hours start and if you drive within the 1st 7 hours when 8 hours is up you better have taken your 30
That is the law as I understand it. No FOS can circumvent it. I’m aware of P&d drivers who punch out for lunch while there working on a customers dock so they can make all their pick ups.

I’m aware of P&d drivers who punch out for lunch while there working on a customers dock so they can make all their pick ups.

Craziness.

It's not up to us to work through our breaks to make pickups. If I can't take my break and do pickups I let the dispatcher know what won't be picked up, and I do it as early as possible. From that point on, it's none of my concern (other than doing my best to do all I can while on the clock). Dispatch either sends help, the customer waits for me, or we see them tomorrow.

You have to take

That is the law as I understand it. No FOS can circumvent it. I’m aware of P&d drivers who punch out for lunch while there working on a customers dock so they can make all their pick ups.

:argue:And dispatch had no problem telling you to do this at FDX , or be punished the next week on any P&D route that was all drop and wheel , appointments , food whse , unlimited stops and don't you dare bring anything back , miss a appointment or P/U's. Going have to punish ya another week or two.

:argue:And dispatch had no problem telling you to do this at FDX , or be punished the next week on any P&D route that was all drop and wheel , appointments , food whse , unlimited stops and don't you dare bring anything back , miss a appointment or P/U's. Going have to punish ya another week or two.
How are they gonna punish you

I thought everyone had to take their 30 before 8 hours regardless if your L/H or city , even if you work the dock some after driving for awhile ?
The lunch between 4th and 6th was a Conway policy. It’s up to your dispatcher to make sure your able to take your lunch. If you can’t.

How are they gonna punish you
Send ya on a route leavin an hour late with plenty of residentials, oversize garbage needin a hand unload, sort and segregates, and time consumin crap with about 18 other deliveries on the wagon.

They can find a way to screw ya if somebody wants to.

Taking your lunch after the fac is perfectly legal. You can’t drive once your 8 has been reached. 4th to 6th is for city p&d.
Legal as long as you take your break before the 8th hour since your last off duty or sleeper birth log entry. From what I'm taking from the rule, the eight hour period it speaks to is the sum of on duty and driving time. What I have is line haul guys telling me is that the 8 hours the rule speaks to applies only to driving. I don't see that in the rule.
"Drivers may drive a CMV only if 8 hours or less have passed since the end of the driver’s last off-duty or sleeper-berth period of at least 30 minutes."

Legal as long as you take your break before the 8th hour since your last off duty or sleeper birth log entry. From what I'm taking from the rule, the eight hour period it speaks to is the sum of on duty and driving time. What I have is line haul guys telling me is that the 8 hours the rule speaks to applies only to driving. I don't see that in the rule.
"Drivers may drive a CMV only if 8 hours or less have passed since the end of the driver’s last off-duty or sleeper-berth period of at least 30 minutes."
Yep. Most of our runs are 3 to 4.5 hours one way so you can most definitely work the dock until your past 8 hrs on duty then take your lunch.

Yep. Most of our runs are 3 to 4.5 hours one way so you can most definitely work the dock until your past 8 hrs on duty then take your lunch.
So you're saying for example, that a total of driving and on duty time of 8.5 hours can elapse for a linehaul driver before he must take his 30 minutes as long as his next log entry prior to driving again is off duty. Then there is a double standard being applied to L/H vs.city drivers, is there not?

I guess that’s where I am confused on this issue . I thought from the time you punched the 8 hours started if you drove anytime at all in the first 8 hours be it if you drove right off or didn’t drive til into your 6th hour . That the 30 minute break had to happen from your punch time . Because if I work the dock 2 hours then go sign into the ELD and start peddling my handheld talks to the ELD when I log in and it shows driving now but on duty not driving for previous 2 hours and 30 minute break due in 6 hours .

I guess that’s where I am confused on this issue . I thought from the time you punched the 8 hours started if you drove anytime at all in the first 8 hours be it if you drove right off or didn’t drive til into your 6th hour . That the 30 minute break had to happen from your punch time . Because if I work the dock 2 hours then go sign into the ELD and start peddling my handheld talks to the ELD when I log in and it shows driving now but on duty not driving for previous 2 hours and 30 minute break due in 6 hours .
Sounds right. I think it’s easier to think you have to take a lunch in the city before 8 hours from your start punch. So the company policy of between 4-6 makes sense.

Sounds right. I think it’s easier to think you have to take a lunch in the city before 8 hours from your start punch. So the company policy of between 4-6 makes sense.
Some states have a lunch requirement and I think companies based their policies off of them to keep things uniform across the system.