XPO | Eld Rollout

How does it not? Gives you a bit of a buffer before the drivers 8 are up,

Aint necessary.

If ya got drivers that so dumb they can’t figger out when to take they breaks that’s required by nanny gooberment so they need nanny company to hold they hands, ya need new drivers.

avoids having to take a lunch after your run too. Which you shouldn’t do.
Ain’t nuthin wrong with that. I personally would rather git my work done first, then goof off.

Aint necessary.

If ya got drivers that so dumb they can’t figger out when to take they breaks that’s required by nanny gooberment so they need nanny company to hold they hands, ya need new drivers.

Ain’t nuthin wrong with that. I personally would rather git my work done first, then goof off.
Taking a 1/2 hour break in the middle of a hectic work day or any work day is not goofing off, it's common sense.

Taking a 1/2 hour break in the middle of a hectic work day or any work day is not goofing off, it's common sense.
If you insist...

I’d rather keep hoppin til I’m done, then relax for a bit ifn I feel like it. Then ain’t nuthin to do but enjoy a little windshield time back to the yard.

I know we are live with the new ELD software in the western region. Midwest region getting ready to go live next Monday. Does anyone have anything to report or any concerns that need to be addressed? Has the rollout went smoothly or are there problems?
I wouldn’t know cause I bailed out...worked my last day Thursday ( 10-24-10 ), and escaped our region’s,(northeast region),rollout of the els/vnomics update which went live yesterday for us.Talk about just making it under the wire ...that was really almost too close. I’m not a computer savvy guy so I would have been totally frustrated having to have to deal with learning all those new procedures, cheat sheet in the tractors notwithstanding. Sooooo glad I’m gone !!!

We rolled out ELD on Monday. Mine froze up and had to be reset four times today. No idea if it gave me some sort of violation or not. Guess I will find out in the morning.
Well Tao... what’s the verdict, did you get a slap on the wrist for something that YOU did to cause your vnomics to freeze up 4 times last week? Waiting to hear the outcome !

Well Tao... what’s the verdict, did you get a slap on the wrist for something that YOU did to cause your vnomics to freeze up 4 times last week? Waiting to hear the outcome !

Actually, no. Haha.

I told the dispatcher about it in the morning and he said he got no alert on it so don't worry.

There were a few other issues with other drivers. Nobody got into any sort of trouble or anything. Hopefully it all gets addressed.

Actually, no. Haha.

I told the dispatcher about it in the morning and he said he got no alert on it so don't worry.

There were a few other issues with other drivers. Nobody got into any sort of trouble or anything. Hopefully it all gets addressed.
Good, glad to hear that you didn’t do anything to cause your fos to get on your case for something that you didn’t do
Great !!!

Then we were trained incorrectly. I stand corrected. You have to take your lunch before your 8 is up.

You were trained correctly. Once you hit 8 on duty, you can't drive. You could work for 24 hours straight without a break if you wanted, as long as you're not logging drive time after the 8th hour.

I can see how you could read that one line as requiring a break before 8 hours, but I think that's just sloppy writing. Everything else says you just can't drive after 8.

Ok boys lets count the way a driver can work through his lunch, get paid and not falsify his log:
1. Drive goes on a P&D run and retruns to the yard before his 8th hour. FOS ask him to skip lunch and help on the dock. He ends up clocking 12.5hrs.
2. He's a jockey the FOM lets asked him to skip lunch and he logs 12hrs.
3. LH driver goes to the FAC or meet and turn, gets there gets hand loads to go home get back to his yard before his 8th hour. Helps the FOS with some jockeying before he goes home logs 11hrs
These are a few that are 100% legal to do

He could also use the 100 Air Mile exemption- he wouldn't have to take a break if he works less than 12 hours. They took it away in the new ELD software, but it's still legal.

I wouldn’t know cause I bailed out...worked my last day Thursday ( 10-24-10 ), and escaped our region’s,(northeast region),rollout of the els/vnomics update which went live yesterday for us.Talk about just making it under the wire ...that was really almost too close. I’m not a computer savvy guy so I would have been totally frustrated having to have to deal with learning all those new procedures, cheat sheet in the tractors notwithstanding. Sooooo glad I’m gone !!!
If you look back when the CDL license can out, the E-log mandate, and now the ELD you will see a massive number of driver getting out of driving by either a change in career or retirement.

Ok boys lets count the way a driver can work through his lunch, get paid and not falsify his log:
1. Drive goes on a P&D run and retruns to the yard before his 8th hour. FOS ask him to skip lunch and help on the dock. He ends up clocking 12.5hrs.
2. He's a jockey the FOM lets asked him to skip lunch and he logs 12hrs.
3. LH driver goes to the FAC or meet and turn, gets there gets hand loads to go home get back to his yard before his 8th hour. Helps the FOS with some jockeying before he goes home logs 11hrs
These are a few that are 100% legal to do
Correct, you can work all you want, just cannot drive the truck after 8 hours without a 30 minute break, or after 14 hours on duty