Pitt-Ohio | Electric Trucks

I hope they find that it can go 150 miles with more than 7k lbs. That might work for a manufacturer of lightweight products but is not nearly adequate enough for LTL.

I hope they find that it can go 150 miles with more than 7k lbs. That might work for a manufacturer of lightweight products but is not nearly adequate enough for LTL.
Yeah you would think Volvo would have done the testing so the customer wouldn’t have to. It kinda seems like we are doing some virtue signaling and I’m also guessing we are getting significant tax rebates/credits to offset the 200k+ price tag.

Yeah you would think Volvo would have done the testing so the customer wouldn’t have to. It kinda seems like we are doing some virtue signaling and I’m also guessing we are getting significant tax rebates/credits to offset the 200k+ price tag.
Pyle has a NON CDL electric in the Bronx, part of a 5 Boro incentive. Its horrible,. Its all for hype over being green and environmentally friendly. They can make them go further but then have to way them down with batteries and payload goes down. I could be a testing lease as why its a white cab instead of red.

Pyle has a NON CDL electric in the Bronx, part of a 5 Boro incentive. Its horrible,. Its all for hype over being green and environmentally friendly. They can make them go further but then have to way them down with batteries and payload goes down. I could be a testing lease as why its a white cab instead of red.
Agreed, a “green” trucking company is an oxymoron. As far as white cab, we have white cab Hino straight trucks as well. We used to have a few white tractors in Allentown for uline. Haven’t heard a valid reason as to why we’re getting some in white.

Agreed, a “green” trucking company is an oxymoron. As far as white cab, we have white cab Hino straight trucks as well. We used to have a few white tractors in Allentown for uline. Haven’t heard a valid reason as to why we’re getting some in white.
Theory is white is cheaper to buy and easier to sell when the company is done with them. Holds value better.

maybe white was available and ready to go. If you can see the registration to see if its owned or leased. It could be leased if its trial run.

I was referring to when the batteries go low....
I'm sure they charge the same as the other 12v battery that runs all the accessories. Electric cars still have a 12v battery for all the usual in-car accessories (radio, cigarette lighter/charge port, a/c fan, etc) and it stays charged by drawing a little power when the vehicle is in use.

I started seeing the white Pinnacles around the time I got my current truck in 2018. The one that was briefly in WSH was a 2014 but had aluminum tanks and an Mdrive transmission, two things our 2014’s didn’t have, and a small roof fairing that didn’t attach to the cab fairings. I saw one branded for US Cargo and another was painted red and was sent to CMB. I was in ALT today and saw 3 red Pinnacles hooked to our Uline trailers.

I started seeing the white Pinnacles around the time I got my current truck in 2018. The one that was briefly in WSH was a 2014 but had aluminum tanks and an Mdrive transmission, two things our 2014’s didn’t have, and a small roof fairing that didn’t attach to the cab fairings. I saw one branded for US Cargo and another was painted red and was sent to CMB. I was in ALT today and saw 3 red Pinnacles hooked to our Uline trailers.
Yeah I have not seen white Pitt tractors for several years.

At ABF Indy, it was very common for the straight truck to do 300 miles a day with a electric lift gate. You need a power source that will last all day & then some. Winter time upper Michigan. You have an all electric straight truck with a lift gate. The temp is 0. 5 stops scheduled over 275 miles. Are you gonna make it? And if you break down or caught in a back up, is there enough battery to keep you warm & the truck rolling? von'