Pitt-Ohio | Electric Trucks

At ABF Indy, it was very common for the straight truck to do 300 miles a day with a electric lift gate. You need a power source that will last all day & then some. Winter time upper Michigan. You have an all electric straight truck with a lift gate. The temp is 0. 5 stops scheduled over 275 miles. Are you gonna make it? And if you break down or caught in a back up, is there enough battery to keep you warm & the truck rolling? von'
These trucks come with a long drop cord for a backup.

I know this is off topic but a teals driver in ny told me pitt Ohio bought them out is this true?
As michaelscott said, we’re often times the last to know when a major event occurs. Sometimes we hear from a fellow employee who might’ve been in the right place at the right time and have also learned quite a bit here on Truckingboards from posters who are not even Pitt Ohio employees.

Why couldn't they put high output alternators on each wheel to charge batteries as the truck rolls down the road?
I think it would cause a lot of resistance.... thus requiring more juice.

How about a couple of those pinwheels like that little pig had in that commercial.....pinwheels with generators hook up...

Then weee weee weee

Why couldn't they put high output alternators on each wheel to charge batteries as the truck rolls down the road?
Unless you're rolling downhill, the energy to spin the alternators has to come from the engine pulling the vehicle. Nothing for nothing in the real world. Unless of course the truck is equipped with capacitive condensers from Seabreeze. :idunno: