ODFL | Electric Trucks

nctruckin

TB Lurker
Credits
As I'm sure most of you have heard/read about electric trucks NOW coming into our line of work. I'm sure Line Haul guys won't be using them, but do you think we will add them to the fleet? If so, anyone heard any rumors about their barn getting some for the local guys?

OD is already trying out electric hostlers at a couple of the breakbulks, with the endurance limitations that curent electrics have that's a good place to try them out. I don't see EV's becoming useful for Linehaul applications anytime soon (I'd bet on hydrogen for a useful non fossil fuel alternative first)but than again in the 70's if you'd told me my phone someday would have more computing power and storage than rooms full of mainframe computers of the time I'd think you a real nut job.

OD is already trying out electric hostlers at a couple of the breakbulks, with the endurance limitations that curent electrics have that's a good place to try them out. I don't see EV's becoming useful for Linehaul applications anytime soon (I'd bet on hydrogen for a useful non fossil fuel alternative first)but than again in the 70's if you'd told me my phone someday would have more computing power and storage than rooms full of mainframe computers of the time I'd think you a real nut job.
Or that you and Helen Crump would get married….

They're running an EV truck in Rialto.

I don't see EV becoming the standard for trucks yet. Most are limited to 500 miles, in perfect conditions, before requiring a charge. Battery capacity, weight, and size just aren't there yet. Lack of minerals, charging stations, and grid capacity hinder them too

They're running an EV truck in Rialto.

I don't see EV becoming the standard for trucks yet. Most are limited to 500 miles, in perfect conditions, before requiring a charge. Battery capacity, weight, and size just aren't there yet. Lack of minerals, charging stations, and grid capacity hinder them too
Rialto, why am I NOT surprised? lmao