Electric Vehicles (mostly talking automobiles)

6PakAbs

TB Veteran
Credits
Please enlighten (no electricity used in this term-enLIGHTen), so how does driving an electric vehicle in ANY small town in the USA , have a real effect on GLOBAL warming? When you talk about GLOBAL, isn't India and China part of the Globe.

All of the massive smog in those countries reminds you of the rust belt back in the 50's and 60's...Hello Pittsburg and others. Where does electricity originate from? Fossil Fuels? and the electric batteries when they gotta be replaced? Hazardous Waste? Would someone please enLIGHTen me?

BTW. with a "Lake Effect" snow....whew, I'd hate to even imagine...can you think of anything worse than 'road rage' when a confrontation breaks out in a charging station because someone is taking too long or maybe cut someone off in line? 30 minute charge and your are 4th in line? No, thank you...

And a traffic jam in a major city and several 'lectric vehicles run out of a charge? Jumper cables?

Last edited:
Please enlighten (no electricity used in this term-enLIGHTen), so how does driving an electric vehicle in ANY small town in the USA , have a real effect on GLOBAL warming? When you talk about GLOBAL, isn't India and China part of the Globe.

All of the massive smog in those countries reminds you of the rust belt back in the 50's and 60's...Hello Pittsburg and others. Where does electricity originate from? Fossil Fuels? and the electric batteries when they gotta be replaced? Hazardous Waste? Would someone please enLIGHTen me?

BTW. with a "Lake Effect" snow....whew, I'd hate to even imagine...can you think of anything worse than 'road rage' when a confrontation breaks out in a charging station because someone is taking too long or maybe cut someone off in line? 30 minute charge and your are 4th in line? No, thank you...

And a traffic jam in a major city and several 'lectric vehicles run out of a charge? Jumper cables?
A guy was telling me he was researching pickup trucks run by battery.
When the battery needs to be replaced they must lift the whole truck off of the frame.
Probably costs $10,000 to change the battery.

It's a money racket run by thugs and thieves stimulating their own personal economies
It has nothing to do with environment.
And the mines used for the batteries have child labor and are more destructive than oil drilling most probably.

It's nowhere near affordable and the hype is a waste of time.

Last edited:
When they can't be used they become toxic waste for landfills until policy exists to recycle or dispose.

Policy usually means $$$$$_ out of your pocket.
Probably not small with the big batteries for auto's.

A guy was telling me he was researching pickup trucks run by battery.
When the battery needs to be replaced they must lift the whole truck off of the frame.
Probably costs $10,000 to change the battery.

It's a money racket run by thugs and thieves stimulating their own personal economies
It has nothing to do with environment.
And the mines used for the batteries have child labor and are more destructive than oil drilling most probably.

It's nowhere near affordable and the hype is a waste of time.
Those thugs and thieves would be democrats. Let’s call a spade a spade.

When they iron out all the kinks, these vehicles will charge themselves.
Until then, what will maintain the roads with no fuel tax?
I wonder how much a charge will cost.

So how did the fire department determine there was nothing wrong with the car before it burst into flames?
I had the same question, so I asked my operative on the Rancho Cordova FD, he said all evidence is pointing to excessive mirror debris on the roadway causing high powered, heat creating reflections that caught the car on fire, he also said had it been a section with a higher speed limit the fire would of gotten blown out, 46MPH is prime for fires, say don't you have a brother inlaw or some other form of kinfolk in Rancho?

I had the same question, so I asked my operative on the Rancho Cordova FD, he said all evidence is pointing to excessive mirror debris on the roadway causing high powered, heat creating reflections that caught the car on fire, he also said had it been a section with a higher speed limit the fire would of gotten blown out, 46MPH is prime for fires, say don't you have a brother inlaw or some other form of kinfolk in Rancho?
Wayne's brother in law lives near there. You will know him when you see him. His hat is the size of a Tesla.

When they iron out all the kinks, these vehicles will charge themselves.
Until then, what will maintain the roads with no fuel tax?
I wonder how much a charge will cost.

They charge you when you get your tags. Hybrid is like half price. EV is full tax. Flat rate instead of as you go at the pump.

They charge you when you get your tags. Hybrid is like half price. EV is full tax. Flat rate instead of as you go at the pump.
A one-time tax will not get the job done.
You're going to be paying for miles driven, just like fuel tax.