Electric Vehicles (mostly talking automobiles)

Just wondering how much your home 'lectric will go up if you chargé at home? 'Lectricity ain't free, not to mention that the process of making it comes from Coal, à fossil fuel ? Wind and solar..as our Prez would say..." Côme on, Man!"

Just wondering how much your home 'lectric will go up if you chargé at home? 'Lectricity ain't free, not to mention that the process of making it comes from Coal, à fossil fuel ? Wind and solar..as our Prez would say..." Côme on, Man!"

Electric is super cheap compared to gasoline. What you don’t realize is that the grid is not set up to handle that level of draw. If every house on the block had two EVs in the garage. The entire grid would need replaced with much higher capacity equipment. This is why they are spending so much on putting Super chargers everywhere. Home charging is not feasible at scale. And yeah. It’s all from coal. Nuclear is the obvious answer. Fission and fusion reactors. But they take time to build.

So then AAA will buy little ones...but not tiny ones....maybe medium ones...but not big ones..and no sense in buying huge ones they'll automatically self-destruct.

And you are forgetting. If they have a battery to charge the rescue. They will need to go to a super charger to charge their battery after every rescue. Limiting their number of resues. Gasoline is plentiful. And only takes a minute to get more.

And you are forgetting.
I'm not forgetting anything.....I don't care to the point I'd put as much thought into the issue as you, and personally Ithink people that buy those things are more concerned about being trendy and what Tim and Jessica nextdoor will think than the reality of limitations and issues that comes with the (ahem) "pride of ownership" of one of those contraptions.

I'm not forgetting anything.....I don't care to the point I'd put as much thought into the issue as you, and personally Ithink people that buy those things are more concerned about being trendy and what Tim and Jessica nextdoor will think than the reality of limitations and issues that comes with the (ahem) "pride of ownership" of one of those contraptions.
"contraptions" or "contraceptives" ? seems like one and the same to me!

I got hours to play whatever podcast and YouTube whatnot. It’s interesting because they want electric trucks. And I don’t see it. Not without massive upgrades in batteries and chargers and a huge drop in cost. Not just initial price tags. But maintenance. And long term liabilities. Not to mention changing the way freight flows to accommodate the limitations of these electric trucks.

Not all chargers cost that much. And not all vehicles charge that slowly. But as a matter of practice. EVs don’t save the consumer money. They are more expensive in almost every way.

So, the EV itself is not the scam. The idea the you can save the planet driving a Tesla to get your Starbucks on the way to having your nails done and hitting Panera on the way home. Well, that’s not a scam either. It’s just straight up bullspit.

But millennials are stupid. And they had a bunch of retarded children. That were raised by the internet. And this is the world today.

I’ll ad this as well. It’s not like EVs are destroying the world or saving the world. It’s us. Human beings. We are what’s causing this. Not our tools or our toys. It’s just like a loaded gun. It just sits there. Doing nothing. Until a person comes along. It’s not the gun that is dangerous. It is the person that has the intent. That’s the danger. The person.