Electric Vehicles (mostly talking automobiles)

A one-time tax will not get the job done.
You're going to be paying for miles driven, just like fuel tax.

That's not how they are doing it at present. Every year. When you get your tags. It's a flat tax for Hybrids and EVs. And if you do the math. It's no savings to the tax payer. Not that anyone should be surprised to hear that.

A one-time tax will not get the job done.
You're going to be paying for miles driven, just like fuel tax.

In Ohio an EV gets a $200 tax. If you have a 30 mpg gas vehicle and drive 15K miles. 500 gallons of gas. $.385 per gallon tax. You will pay $192.5 at the pump in tax for the year. And considering most people that buy EVs drive significantly less than a typical driver. It just is what it is.

That's not how they are doing it at present. Every year. When you get your tags. It's a flat tax for Hybrids and EVs. And if you do the math. It's no savings to the tax payer. Not that anyone should be surprised to hear that.
I don't think N C has that.
Big trucks are sure to pay their share for sure.
I remember Ohio had an axle tax for trucks at one time.

Left wing
Right wing
Same bird

Government is never the solution.
While true to a degree I would highly disagree they are the same. It should be crystal clear which side is beyond horrible and disgusting. Just remember one little fact when at the voting booth next time. Only one admin wanted to FORCE each and every one of us put a substance into our bodies that was rushed to the fore front and now clearly does nothing to stop the spread of the virus. That is huge and totalitarian power mongoring. It’s disgusting.

While true to a degree I would highly disagree they are the same. It should be crystal clear which side is beyond horrible and disgusting. Just remember one little fact when at the voting booth next time. Only one admin wanted to FORCE each and every one of us put a substance into our bodies that was rushed to the fore front and now clearly does nothing to stop the spread of the virus. That is huge and totalitarian power mongoring. It’s disgusting.

Yeah and Trump took the shot and advocated that everyone take the shot.

left wing
right wing
same bird

did anyone see where the Tesla vehicles were recalled due a a "malfunction" in the automated driving...wow...Billboard lawyers will have a field day when trucking "tries" to switch over to the
program...I bet they are "licking their chops"

I wonder if AAA Roadside service will have a battery powered hookup to charge the vehicle when it runs out of juice...say a certain mileage until you can reach a charging station...kinda like they do when you run out of gas...any thoughts? That's my thoujght.

I wonder if AAA Roadside service will have a battery powered hookup to charge the vehicle when it runs out of juice...say a certain mileage until you can reach a charging station...kinda like they do when you run out of gas...any thoughts? That's my thoujght.
Maybe like a standard wrecker mounted car starting unit, but made only for quick charges.

I wonder if AAA Roadside service will have a battery powered hookup to charge the vehicle when it runs out of juice...say a certain mileage until you can reach a charging station...kinda like they do when you run out of gas...any thoughts? That's my thoujght.y

Simple and easy. They bring a portable gas powered generator. Don’t even take long. To get enough to make it to a supercharger. It’s not going to 100% the batteries. But it’s a rescue. You just need enough to get free of being stranded.

You bought it, push it IMHO. :6799::biglaugh:

Guess they need to join AAA then, those batteries are bad for the environment & most folks won't be able to afford to replace them when they are worn out.

The cost to replace a battery pack is near the price of a new vehicle. Depending on the vehicle of course. Most battery packs are north of $10K. Anything Tesla will probably be much more. And then they got to pay the shop guys to completely remove the cabin from the chassis so that they can unhook everything, and switch the pack.

This process is so expensive. That there are mom and pop shops offering to get junk yard battery packs and fudge them into the truck or back seat or both. To increase range back up to a usable level.

A lot of people are not aware of the down sides associated with the degradation of battery pack or the cost of extending range as the vehicle ages. Just like your phone holds less and less charge over time. Same with the car. It might start at 200 miles new. And by 10 years you will get barely 100 miles out of a full charge.

Guess they need to join AAA then, those batteries are bad for the environment & most folks won't be able to afford to replace them when they are worn out.

I’m not going to even get started on the environmental impacts of mining these substances. The harm these materials do. Or the lack of infrastructure to reuse/recycle these things. And how there is no plan for disposal.

That is something to go watch a YouTube video of. I ain’t typing all that.