SAIA | Eliminating laydowns system wide???

FBR

TB Lurker
Credits
So I've heard saia is taking steps necessary to hire more drivers to take away laydowns and turn them all to turns. Also heard this 68 mph turn up is going to be watched to see if the MPG takes a hit. If not, there's word they will be turned up to 70 mph. Anyone else hearing anything resembling this?

So I've heard saia is taking steps necessary to hire more drivers to take away laydowns and turn them all to turns. Also heard this 68 mph turn up is going to be watched to see if the MPG takes a hit. If not, there's word they will be turned up to 70 mph. Anyone else hearing anything resembling this?
Saia cannot hire or even keep for that matter, enough drivers to eliminate laydowns. They are gonna have to do more than turn the trucks up to attract new drivers. Now why we have laydown runs where drivers run opposite of each other instead of just meeting each other is another question. Have heard nothing about going to 70 mph, i will be happy with 68 mph.

Last edited:
I actually think it will help the mpg because for one thing the truck is going to be running 10-20 minuets less on each end of the run plus it’s not going to be struggling and lugging as much. Y’all gotta hear this though because it’s plum hilarious. A guy told me the other day that the company was going to let us talk on the cb for traffic updates only not conversations lol and he said the company is installing cb radios in all of the tractors lol. Wow if this is true I think the devil is shoveling snow. Right now

Saia has been talking about doing away with scheduled lay downs since 2008. Too much late freight out of major break bulk terminals ( Hst / Dls ) that is the one's I've dealt with.

We suck and can't keep anyone! I believe it when it happens! The cgo region is so messed up it won't ever happen by us

And then they have 2 mke and 2 glk drivers laying over in oma because oma drivers are laying in den instead of meeting glk/mke..

The driver shortages places like den and all over the northeast are a reason why this "no laydown" policy won't work.

they’ve been trying to hire enough to turn our hbg and hat lay downs into meets for over a year and still don’t have enough drivers on the other end to do it

And then they have 2 mke and 2 glk drivers laying over in oma because oma drivers are laying in den instead of meeting glk/mke..

The driver shortages places like den and all over the northeast are a reason why this "no laydown" policy won't work.
Let's not forget mke sucks donkey balls and no one we hire is worth a Shi#

They can never eliminate laydowns.