FedEx Freight | Eliminating Purchase Video

fatneck

TB Lurker
Credits
Has anyone seen or even heard of a new video that is rumored to be out there with Mr. L talking about the elimination of all purchase transportation? I am curious as I am sure a lot of you will be too. It is probably more BS from the rumor mill.

Yes! there is a video. I believe it was the ending quarter video you are talking about and Mr. L was mentioning something about hiring more people on to get are own drivers to pull our frieght! hope this helps? :clap: :kicking:

come on kwikie...it's hard enough sorting thru the facts and the fiction w/o folks making up crap. There is NO video, the interview everyone is talking about is on this Qtr's Mile Marker audio CD. Got mine handed to me this morning. See you TM if you want a copy and check out the entire interview with Mr. L

[quote author=kwikie link=topic=81612.msg842573#msg842573 date=1278009857]
Saw the video yesterday and our yard looks like a truck stop for other carriers :biglaugh:
[/quote]

:popcorn: My stepson Team drive's for CRST, he was in Dayton OH. last night waitin on a trailer going West. So FDX. FRT. is still using purchase trailer's. Did this Mr. L say what century that FDX would Stop using purchase trailer's. :biglaugh: :stir:

we have a ton of super truckers in our breakroom, those PT drivers can really pack on the wieght....dont no when they are leaving, it looks like at the endof the quarter.

Off to turd lake :poke:

We saw the the video Monday morning in a early pre shift meeting. He was talking about how we were stream lining cost to make us a profitable company in the near future, and cutting out PT was going to be one of the main goals, just my two cents worth.

On the mile marker cd he said all opco's use purchase trans and there is a need for it. Which I would say means we will never get rid of all of it

We just added one inbound from DAL at our yard. At the hub I run to we have two Total Transport of MS. one TLI, one Landstar, one Texas Star Express, one Empire, and one Arnold nightly. I was told that they use these when there is freight going one way but not the other. One of the Total trucks does a nightly turn to Jackson MS. TO and FROM , same driver every night. Can anybody explain how that is not enough freight going both ways? :rant:

[quote author=HankTheTank link=topic=81612.msg842594#msg842594 date=1278014604]

come on kwikie...it's hard enough sorting thru the facts and the fiction w/o folks making up crap. There is NO video, the interview everyone is talking about is on this Qtr's Mile Marker audio CD. Got mine handed to me this morning. See you TM if you want a copy and check out the entire interview with Mr. L
[/quote]
Thats the one I was talking about having seen yes it said something about PT and no I am not trying to start any BS by saying I saw something exclusively about PT perhaps I should have been more descriptive in my post. Sorry for any confusion.