ABF | Elkhart Terminal moving back to South Bend

Butterdick

TB Lurker
Credits
It looks like ABF in Elkhart Indiana is abandoning their warehouse and moving to the old FedEx Freight terminal in South Bend.

Isn’t that a Mobile Platform facility? Here at the Rock, we load Mobile Platforms for Elkhart.106 for 050 I think it is.
mobile platform..isn't that what the Big R had back in the day in some of the outlying areas?

4 or 5 flatbeds welded together with a tin roof and then a dilapidated house trailer (single wide) as the office...but hey, they set the standard! I guess they knew what they were doing and made plenty of $$$.oo

Can anyone post a picture of one of those facilities...?

mobile platform..isn't that what the Big R had back in the day in some of the outlying areas?

4 or 5 flatbeds welded together with a tin roof and then a dilapidated house trailer (single wide) as the office...but hey, they set the standard! I guess they knew what they were doing and made plenty of $$$.oo

Can anyone post a picture of one of those facilities...?

D2A6527A-6ABC-4733-933E-E3A28AEDB473.md.jpg

Must not want to put the money back into freight (cash cow) and continue the losing effort with light asset? I haven’t seen a panther or ArcBest truck in months. I was at one of our good customers & they tried to use ArcBest for truckload but they never showed up…. Imagine that.
You know, now that you mention it, I have not seen a Panther truck in a few months either. And here at the Rock, we had probably 7 or 8 coming in weekly. Usually with their little vans or bob trucks.

Welcome to the boards Addypay. So how big is the South Bend building you guys are moving into? And, will it still be a Mobile Platform facility?
Ft Smith is still deciding if we will handle the platforms or not. New facility is an old fed ex terminal. 64 doors. Pretty decent facility. Right now we're are stacking outbound freight on dock because we have no trailers too load into.

Ft Smith is still deciding if we will handle the platforms or not. New facility is an old fed ex terminal. 64 doors. Pretty decent facility. Right now we're are stacking outbound freight on dock because we have no trailers too load into.
I didn’t realize what a small operation that is, they don’t even need half of those 64 doors. AF hired me a few months before we moved into that terminal.