Estes | Elkton Location

Fastbreakstar22

TB Lurker
Credits
Debating on applying to this location (live 10 mins away).

Anyone work at this location? I see openings for local class A, otr, and hub/combo driver.

I know that local is for p&d during the day. Is OTR truly and OTR position or can you get home daily?
Hub/combo seems interesting because it covers all the roles but it's not specific to whether you get home daily or not.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I don’t work at this location but have visited many times. They’re currently adding on a big expansion to the dock. It was already a large and well ran break terminal compared to others in the northeast. The combo drivers at my terminal in North Carolina are home daily and never go on lay down runs or OTR/ extraboard but I have met and talked with several in the system through the years that have filled in for lay down runs or just ran OTR/extraboard if their terminal didn’t necessarily need them that week but I don’t believe it’s forced for any combo to lay down if they don’t want to. They have a ton of north / south break freight rolling through that terminal. Last I saw they had 12-14 or so Florence SC meet and turn Linehaul runs that were all daytime runs plus the cornucopia of random night time Linehaul runs. They should have a nice variety for you there for whatever you want to do.