ABF | Elogs

not using them out of our place. road driver..
Let's call what they really are at this point in time ELD economic loss device. 20 mos to the contracts up compliance is not required until the end of 17 . And the whole mess is going to the court of appeals.yes Judy and her posse will use this to begin their March to pretend poverty. Imagine that self inflicted loss of productivity

Let's call what they really are at this point in time ELD economic loss device. 20 mos to the contracts up compliance is not required until the end of 17 . And the whole mess is going to the court of appeals.yes Judy and her posse will use this to begin their March to pretend poverty. Imagine that self inflicted loss of productivity
I would sooner have them spend the money now than wait tell the end of our contract and spend $5000 a truck. At least it's already paid for now.

I have been driving a lot of 2010 trucks with over a million miles on them and they don't have the ELD in them so when we get the ELDs no more driving 2010s.

I have been driving a lot of 2010 trucks with over a million miles on them and they don't have the ELD in them so when we get the ELDs no more driving 2010s.
They were supposed to get rid of all the 2010 at the beginning of the year. I guess they must've postponed it. Lack of power and trailers? Had a shortage of trailers for 2 or 3months now.

I would sooner have them spend the money now than wait tell the end of our contract and spend $5000 a truck. At least it's already paid for now.
Let's face the facts all they have to do to cry poverty is start spending money and back off on sales stand by for many improvements between now and March 18

I read thru the OOIDA arguments against implementation. Pretty weak. Figure it is a done deal. We start next week @ 490. It is what it is. You still have to run paper logs for payroll. Our safety man told me they invested 7 million in these things. It will be an additional item we will have to be very careful to review for tampering or damage @ the start of each trip. I would not want to discover damage enroute and face blame for it.

They were supposed to get rid of all the 2010 at the beginning of the year. I guess they must've postponed it. Lack of power and trailers? Had a shortage of trailers for 2 or 3months now.

I took a load west and on rest they told me to take empties back to my home terminal. The load that I brought west was still sitting in the same spot as where I parked it 10 hours earlier. Getting empties moving is now more important than moving freight. I have had one other load sit for more than 10 hours still parked where I parked the load.

I read thru the OOIDA arguments against implementation. Pretty weak. Figure it is a done deal. We start next week @ 490. It is what it is. You still have to run paper logs for payroll. Our safety man told me they invested 7 million in these things. It will be an additional item we will have to be very careful to review for tampering or damage @ the start of each trip. I would not want to discover damage enroute and face blame for it.
No Need to worry if someone plays with the wires. Between the truck computer and the GPS and memory they can tell to the minute when it was tampered with and where.
Make sure you have the sheet with the details on how to download your logs. I was told in my E- Log class that most violations so far are from not knowing how to run the machine and not having the information sheet.
The people I know already on these say they have very little problem with the 11 hour drive time. Its the 14 hour clock that gets them.

No Need to worry if someone plays with the wires. Between the truck computer and the GPS and memory they can tell to the minute when it was tampered with and where.
Make sure you have the sheet with the details on how to download your logs. I was told in my E- Log class that most violations so far are from not knowing how to run the machine and not having the information sheet.
The people I know already on these say they have very little problem with the 11 hour drive time. Its the 14 hour clock that gets them.

Just make sure that you take the 30 minute break before your 8th hour on duty. They are handing out letters on every violation of this.

I took a load west and on rest they told me to take empties back to my home terminal. The load that I brought west was still sitting in the same spot as where I parked it 10 hours earlier. Getting empties moving is now more important than moving freight. I have had one other load sit for more than 10 hours still parked where I parked the load.
I turn KC 5 days a week. We pull sets down and single back. Got random terminals bringing emptys back so we can load out the next evening. Crazy system we have now.