ABF | Elogs

We've had them now at 310 for about eight months in the city. Problem I have with them is the ease that management has in changing them,......which, of course, would be a felony.

Currently, they only alter them to correct "driver" error,....and then let you know after the fact. After January, this could be a legal problem.

Frankly, we all work too many hours, and don't take enough breaks. The 34 hour re-start as originally written, was supposed to be the driver's option to use,........but within six months after the implementation,.....all the non-Union truckload carriers made it mandatory and dictated to their drivers when to take it. Legally get 84 hours in the 8 day period. Complaints from truckload drivers prompted the "sleep at dark time " rule in order to use the 34 hour re-start.

All this rule changing, and electronic record keeping is the circumstantial evidence of the driver shortage.........they've got to squeeze every last minute out of the available drivers they have.........

And.......Where is the IBT ...."leadership".....on all this?......Dead silence.......crickets chirping.....

Government wants computer logs so everyone is more compliant and yet you can go in and change them. Makes sense to me....

Anyone had any chats with management since switching to elogs. Has management said you were speeding etc?
A couple of guys at 064 got warned verbally for being up over 80. One got a call from safety the safety man said he received an alert that the unit was doing 86.I back off at75 never heard anything

how do you log if you turn on a run when changing trucks?will you just stay on bottom line till you get in other truck....

You log out of the first truck. There is an option on the screen for staying on duty. Enter you password on the second truck and update equipment.....and you're good to go.

We have to switch around in city operations also,........ it's actually fairly easy...What I wonder about is the accessibility of the electronic logs. Very easy for your employer as it is on his computer,......kind of hard to access for an off duty driver since he can't carry a company computer home.

What do you do if you're on the bottom of the board and working for several different companies just to get a week's pay? Who's in charge of your hours of service then?

We have to find employment for the Syrian immigrants.

Syrian refugees? How about the Russians , Bosnians, Nigerians,........and any other ethnic group desperate enough to endure the indentured servitude and low wages that truckload carriers have become?

I get a kick out of how naive people who aren't in trucking are.......Right after the idiot in Nice, France drove that straight truck through a crowd , all the right-wing newspapers in this area were calling for a ban on immigrants. They should go down to the nearest food warehouse or truck stop and count the turbans.

Little too late to worry about terrorists hijacking a big truck in this country......Our biggest employers are actively recruiting them.

Once again , greed trumps national security.

Government wants computer logs so everyone is more compliant and yet you can go in and change them. Makes sense to me....

Driving time can not be change. Everything else can be moved but the software sends a message to the driver notifying them of a change and who did it. Changes show up on Peoplenet software in red on the graph and who changed it. If management is changing my logs to benefit them, I'll know about it, and if the DOT comes in for an audit, they will too.

A couple of guys at 064 got warned verbally for being up over 80. One got a call from safety the safety man said he received an alert that the unit was doing 86.I back off at75 never heard anything
Speed limit in several western states is now 80 mph.
Give it a shot let me know how it works out
What are the trucks out there governed at? Is there language to specifically earn a reprimand for using the Georgia overdrive?

What are the trucks out there governed at? Is there language to specifically earn a reprimand for using the Georgia overdrive?
I don't know about out west but you can rest assured that if you were well over the company mandated 63 they easily nail you for a violation of company policy and probably safety issues as well

The new freightliners run out @ 62mph on my GPS unit. I don,t think they are getting upset as long as you are staying within the posted speed limits on the downgrades. They will soon be able to watch any tractor they choose in real time from the comfort of their office computer. Some people say they will be able to record conversations in the cab from these ELDs, but like our safety man told me, who is a retired Oregon state trooper, it is illegal to record a conversation without the individuals knowledge and consent. At least until more of our freedoms are taken from us by Uncle. FYI....