EMAIL Good Luck to all !

Tractor trailer drivers needed full time days. Must have at least 3 years driving in the ny/ nj/ ct/ pa tri state areas. Start at $17 per hr increase to $18 per hr after 1 year or sooner depending upon your expertize in driving. Lots of ot. Time and a half paid after 40 hours. After 90 days eligible for health insurance. After 6 months eligible to be paid for the 6 major holidays. After 1 year your also eligible for vacation. Any questions please call 732-287-0108 or come down to s & m transport, 50 distribution blvd, edison, nj 08818 to fill out an application.

Right there is the problem with trucking....offering up wages from 15 years ago.

As a recruiter, I agree with you. I have been hiring truck drivers for 13 years, and the pay today is basically the same as it was 13 years ago. Unfortunately as a recruiter, I have no control over what a company pays. It is what it is. But I will tell you this, there is a reason trucking companies dont pay higher than they did 15 years ago....They dont have to. As a recruiter, its no more harder today to fill trucks with drivers than it was 13 years ago when I started. If I was having a hard time filling up trucks at todays pay, then I would imagine companies would have to increase their pay. Its just not happening. There are a lot of truck drivers out there willing to work for 33cpm, 36cpm, 42cpm...17 bucks an hour...whatever. And if you arent willing to drive for that pay, it would take me about 20 minutes to find a driver who would work for that pay. Just like any other job, the free market sets the wages.

local drivers at nct weren't happy making 20 per hr or even 22. they hadn't had a raise in many years and just figured because the boss threw money around in the beginning that they should get their rate back up and get raises on top of that. company made of money. won't close. boss wouldn't do that to us again. now if you offer them 17 they are insulted. what a truckin day. days of the boss' big money ego trip are over. down in flames. as the million dollar motor coach heads south and drivers try to get home...and local drivers insulted by $17....welcome back to reality drivers

All these companies have great top rates but why can't we get it after 90 days that's what I'm annoyed about
I have over 25 years driving if I don't prove myself in 90 days let me go. But to wait 3 or 5 years to make top pay at a job that I've done for over two decades is ridiculous

Let Mr. Recruiter, better known as a professional liar, keep filling those seats for cheap money.... hopefully one day those companies will figure out it costs them more in damaged equipment and fines than they are saving in salaries.More regulations,higher requirements, more enforcement....but they want to pay you like an unskilled laborer

Any experienced drivers who takes those kinds of jobs will only be there a short time till a good job opens up.

Let Mr. Recruiter, better known as a professional liar, keep filling those seats for cheap money.... hopefully one day those companies will figure out it costs them more in damaged equipment and fines than they are saving in salaries.More regulations,higher requirements, more enforcement....but they want to pay you like an unskilled laborer

What makes you think all recruiters are liars, Son? I assure you, being in the business of putting drivers in truck driving jobs for over 13 years, I learned a long time ago that its better and WAY more profitable for me to be completely honest about driving jobs to whoever I talk to. I hire for MANY different truck driving jobs. I dont have to exaggerate or lie to fill seats.I have so many options for drivers. I can give the driver options and let them choose their job.I will always be honest with the drivers and tell them the negative and the positive about a job. But what we recruiters cant do is predict the future. I can tell you what you will make per mile on a job. I can tell you what the average miles are for a job. But what I cant control is what kind of driver you are. If a company has a job and the average driver is making 1100 per week. if you are an below average driver, you are simply going to make less. If you make less than the average driver at that company. I didnt lie to you, you just need to learn to do your job better and become BETTER THAN AVERAGE DRIVER for that company. I talk to around 50-60 truck drivers per day, and EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM will tell me they are the best drivers around. The truth...half of those drivers who i talk to are below average drivers. And while you are trying to stick the label of LIAR on all recruiters like me....I assure you, I am lied to by more truck drivers in one day, than recruiters who have lied to you in a lifetime. But unlike you, Im not so simpleminded to lump all truck drivers together as liars, just because a lot of them sure as hell lie to me. You would be amazed how many drivers I talk to a day who simply "Forget" about their multiple felonies and multiple DWIs. Hell, I had a driver just last Friday call me wanting a job quick. I spent an hour doing an application on him, and rushed him to orientation on Monday. We didnt have time to do a background check until he got to orientation. When he got to orientation, the company found out he was terminated from his last job and had pending charges for leaving the scene of an injury accident. They kicked him out of orientation and the driver had the nerve to call me and complain that he was stuck in that city with no way home. Did I feel bad for the driver? Absolutely not. When I flat out asked him if he had any accidents or criminal charges.he should have told me YES, instead of lying to me.

Any experienced drivers who takes those kinds of jobs will only be there a short time till a good job opens up.

Hell, I dont mind. I hire many experienced drivers who tell me they arent going to stay at that job and just needed something to do until something better opens up. Hell, I get paid when the driver leaves Orientation. In reality, two weeks later I might find a better job for him and call him. Just means I get paid twice. I have drivers I have hired for as many as 6 different companies over the years Ive been recruiting. Hell, I hired for New Century until about 3 months ago. I had no clue, they were going under. I honestly feel bad about those drivers I put on new century losing their jobs without any warning. Fortunately, every driver I ever hire, I keep in contact with them. throughout their career. I build relationships with them, and guess what happens? When those drivers I put on New Century lost their jobs this week, who do you think they called first? ME. That wouldnt happen if I was dishonest with them the first time I talked to them.

Also let me point out that just because most of the companies I hire are for the BIG COMPANIES that everyone knows. Hell, Im not going to lie, big companies pay me big commissions. That doesnt mean I dont have jobs at smaller companies to offer drivers. I get calls from small 10-50 truck companies all the time asking me to find them drivers. Sometimes I will be able to work out a deal with those smaller companies and make a little money sending them drivers, sometimes I will just send them drivers free of charge. Do you know why I would send a driver to a small company and not make a dime on doing that? Building trust and a relationship with that driver! If I help that driver get a job, even if I dont make money on him with that hire. I might make money on him 1 year from now or 2 years from now. Also that driver knows Im an honest recruiter, that driver could very well send me 15 drivers looking for jobs over the next year.

My point is this, Jockey...For almost every driving job you will ever have, you are going to have to talk to a recruiter to get that job. Whether you fill out an application on the companies website online, or you talk to an independent recruiter like me, some recruiter is going to most likely make a commission on you. Some recruiters lie or exaggerate, I will give you that. Just like some truck drivers lie. I dont like those lying recruiters as much as you dont like them. A bad recruiter can hurt my reputation just like a bad driver can hurt yours. In reality, you an I are on the same team. Im on your side, man!

Also let me add to the mix about pay. Today after 13 years of recruiting truck drivers, my commissions are the same today as they were 13 years ago. Im not whining about it, I choose to do this job and love doing it. No one is forcing you to be a truck driver and no one is forcing you to take any pay. Just like no one is forcing me to be a recruiter and work for the same pay I did 13 years ago. If you think you are worth more as a driver than a company is offering, then DONT take that job. But let me also point out that even that newbie driver at Swift making 28cpm is earning more money than an unemployed driver with 10 years exp, sitting on his ass at home for months, watching TV and waiting for that perfect job to open up.

Hell, I dont mind. I hire many experienced drivers who tell me they arent going to stay at that job and just needed something to do until something better opens up. Hell, I get paid when the driver leaves Orientation. In reality, two weeks later I might find a better job for him and call him. Just means I get paid twice. I have drivers I have hired for as many as 6 different companies over the years Ive been recruiting. Hell, I hired for New Century until about 3 months ago. I had no clue, they were going under. I honestly feel bad about those drivers I put on new century losing their jobs without any warning. Fortunately, every driver I ever hire, I keep in contact with them. throughout their career. I build relationships with them, and guess what happens? When those drivers I put on New Century lost their jobs this week, who do you think they called first? ME. That wouldnt happen if I was dishonest with them the first time I talked to them.

Also let me point out that just because most of the companies I hire are for the BIG COMPANIES that everyone knows. Hell, Im not going to lie, big companies pay me big commissions. That doesnt mean I dont have jobs at smaller companies to offer drivers. I get calls from small 10-50 truck companies all the time asking me to find them drivers. Sometimes I will be able to work out a deal with those smaller companies and make a little money sending them drivers, sometimes I will just send them drivers free of charge. Do you know why I would send a driver to a small company and not make a dime on doing that? Building trust and a relationship with that driver! If I help that driver get a job, even if I dont make money on him with that hire. I might make money on him 1 year from now or 2 years from now. Also that driver knows Im an honest recruiter, that driver could very well send me 15 drivers looking for jobs over the next year.

My point is this, Jockey...For almost every driving job you will ever have, you are going to have to talk to a recruiter to get that job. Whether you fill out an application on the companies website online, or you talk to an independent recruiter like me, some recruiter is going to most likely make a commission on you. Some recruiters lie or exaggerate, I will give you that. Just like some truck drivers lie. I dont like those lying recruiters as much as you dont like them. A bad recruiter can hurt my reputation just like a bad driver can hurt yours. In reality, you an I are on the same team. Im on your side, man!

Also let me add to the mix about pay. Today after 13 years of recruiting truck drivers, my commissions are the same today as they were 13 years ago. Im not whining about it, I choose to do this job and love doing it. No one is forcing you to be a truck driver and no one is forcing you to take any pay. Just like no one is forcing me to be a recruiter and work for the same pay I did 13 years ago. If you think you are worth more as a driver than a company is offering, then DONT take that job. But let me also point out that even that newbie driver at Swift making 28cpm is earning more money than an unemployed driver with 10 years exp, sitting on his ass at home for months, watching TV and waiting for that perfect job to open up.
Well that was quite a sales pitch"junior"...I will be much briefer...I've been in trucking for 40 years, so save it for your newbies going to Swift.By your own words you rushed an unqualified driver into orientation, so keep up the good work.

Driver brothers. Be extrememly wary of who you are considering hiring on to. Remember summer is coming and a lot of companies are hiring help to cover summer vacations. NCT did it every year, then in Sept, dropped the anchor on work to these unsuspecting drivers so they would leave. That would absolutely be a question I would ask and try to get in writing.

A true bottom feeder, living off everyones crap. ( can't say how I really feel about scum like you)