FedEx Freight | Emetoh vs Fedex Class Action

The above statement will make you a good witness for the plaintiff. You are making the case that personal cell phone use IS EXPECTED (by dispatch). Also some, including you, feel compelled to comply with dispatch wishes, in order to receive favorable treatment.

Bucking the system? REALLY? What next, overlook the trailer that's too heavy? Tolerate the placards that are not quite right?

DO what you want, just don't expect the rest of us to do it too.
I weigh each set and check each placard. Personal cellphone use is allowed when stopped.

Placarding and overweight is not allowed at all. Pick your peaks to die on.

You don't see eye-to-eye with anyone.

Like I said, this cellphone use reimbursement is BS. Even if the lawsuit is successful it's pennies on the dollar for those of us that use cellphones for work. I can't believe nobody sees this other than the ones who hate FedEx. The LAWYERS are the big winners in this lawsuit.

How about working to let us use cellphones/earbuds during work? Something useful other than the BS "us against the company" BS that is so often regurgitated here.

Cell phone reimbursement is not bs. Listen it is also fed ex policy that we be payed for all work performed. We do not give away stuff for free or let customers use our equipment for free neither should the employees. I don't know where you are coming up with some of this stuff hate fed ex? Seriously... if someone hates fed ex they should find another job. For someone who claims not to care about this why do you keep posting on subject?

The company does offer discounts with almost all phone carriers so if this lawsuit is only about getting reimbursed for cell phone usage that will probably be the company’s argument. Back when I was a city driver I did use my phone all the time to call customers and never had an issue but that said I do agree it should fall on dispatch to call the customers and not fall to the driver to do

Cell phone reimbursement is not bs. Listen it is also fed ex policy that we be payed for all work performed. We do not give away stuff for free or let customers use our equipment for free neither should the employees. I don't know where you are coming up with some of this stuff hate fed ex? Seriously... if someone hates fed ex they should find another job. For someone who claims not to care about this why do you keep posting on subject?
Do you use a cellphone while driving? If so, how much is personal and how much is business?

I keep harping on it as it's a BS subject. I bet road drivers have a 99.9% personal call usage during a run and .1% with FedEx. If that. City drivers are probably a considerable amount more. But it's up to them how much they want to call Dispatch using their cell. Most all do it for the convenience.

So how many of you arguing against me are city drivers?

Do you use a cellphone while driving? If so, how much is personal and how much is business?

I keep harping on it as it's a BS subject. I bet road drivers have a 99.9% personal call usage during a run and .1% with FedEx. If that. City drivers are probably a considerable amount more. But it's up to them how much they want to call Dispatch using their cell. Most all do it for the convenience.

LOL! Waiting ....

The company does offer discounts with almost all phone carriers so if this lawsuit is only about getting reimbursed for cell phone usage that will probably be the company’s argument. Back when I was a city driver I did use my phone all the time to call customers and never had an issue but that said I do agree it should fall on dispatch to call the customers and not fall to the driver to do
The phone carriers have the discount plans not FEDEX, it's a marketing thing.

One of the allegations stated on the notice was, “company failed to reimburse employees for use of their personal cell phones for business purposes”. I bring this up because I repeatedly got into heated arguments with a certain dispatcher who had no problem expecting me to contact a residential customer with my own phone (all the while he had a company provided phone sitting on his desk!) just because the appt clerk entered “please call 1 hour before delivery” on the delivery receipt. Kudos to you Mr. Emetoh!
Fedex policy requires a delivery “window.” There is nothing in the policy about the driver calling 1 hour ahead. If the window is from 1pm until 5pm the customer is supposed to be there. My terminal also puts the call ahead 1 hour crap on the delivery receipts, so it must be widespread. If they want us to use our phones the least that Fedex could do is to change the rule to allow us to use hands free Bluetooth technology. If it’s legal with D.O.T. It shouldn’t be against our policy.

You sound new and uninformed so why does fed ex charge the the customers for the phone call we make. There is a fee for notifications, yes that's right they charge the customers an extra fee for us to call them.

No one forces anyone to use their personal cell phones for company business, it’s a choice!! If you choose to use your cell phone then that’s on you, not the company!! There’s other means available to contact a customer than your personal equipment...

Ahhh yes you're old argument pawn it off on other customers. If we all used the handheld like we're supposed to, and no one sent a message back from dispatch, I'm sure they would be fine with us bringing freight back right?

I like to call the grocery warehouse before I leave the yard to see if they can get me a door number and as soon as I get there, I back right in and get to sortin' and segregatin'........:36:
I’m surprised a man or your caliber has to call to get a door number, I figured you had your own personal door...and your own personal lift...and your own personal lumper...and your own personal seat in the canteen...

I just think it’s another stupid lawsuit that should not only be thrown out of court, but the plantiff should have to pay FedEx’s legal fees for bringing forth such a frivolous suit...but then again, it’s being argued in Commufornia so the plantiff will probably prevail....

Ahhh yes you're old argument pawn it off on other customers. If we all used the handheld like we're supposed to, and no one sent a message back from dispatch, I'm sure they would be fine with us bringing freight back right?
I ran the city before the days of cell phones and we got by just fine using a customer’s phone to call another customer...you should try it sometime, you’d be surprised at just how well it works!!

If no one returns your message on the handheld then bring it back, there’s a record of your message being sent so your butt is covered...pretty simple...will they be fine with it, probably not, but they’ll do their job next time!!

I’m surprised a man or your caliber has to call to get a door number, I figured you had your own personal door...and your own personal lift...and your own personal lumper...and your own personal seat in the canteen...

I know Dave wasn't looking for this, he thought you would be on the golf course.