FedEx Freight | Emetoh vs Fedex Class Action

Let's setup another hypothetical: You are in a non-liftgate pup delivering to a residence. Your delivery is two skids of about 60 pieces of flooring. The customer has no means to get it off the pup. She's paid for Residential delivery. Realistically the only way to do it is to break it down and hand it off to her.

Do you charge for a liftgate delivery in this case?

Nope. Unless customer wants to pay for re-delivery w/LG, it's hand unload 1 pc at a time, I'm pd by the hour.

If you have to break down a pallet and hand off the tail in order to deliver to a customer, that customer also gets charged for 'liftgate delivery'. Doesn't matter if you have a liftgate or not.

????..Been city for 33yrs with Viking and Fedex, first time I heard this nonsense.

See, you accuse me of being a "noob" and not knowing what I'm talking about and you don't even know what charges to levy. Do you do City or Road?

If you have to break down a pallet and hand off the tail in order to deliver to a customer, that customer also gets charged for 'liftgate delivery'. Doesn't matter if you have a liftgate or not.

I've had construction sites do me a solid and move stuff around if they have a few extra minutes. They are usually the ones that demand it early, and they know that, so once there they are fairly accommodating.

My question was: You're supposed to charge them both liftgate and limited access. However, they really didn't use the liftgate AND they helped out.

What would YOU do?
Read the tariff. It says to charge for liftgate when it's not available and Fedex personnel unload it to the ground. Handing off the back to the customer does not qualify for liftgate charges.

They want us to charge for it 'When liftgate equipment is not available and Carrier personnel utilizes alternate means to move the freight from the vehicle to ground level'.

http://www.fedex.com/us/freight/rulestariff/liftgate_service.html

The misunderstanding is with your hypothetical, rules state that LG del. was requested or guaranteed by the shipper. You pull up to JOE BLOWS FLOORING with a plt., they have no forklift and state they will just hand unload, you can't charge for liftgate service.

The misunderstanding is with your hypothetical, rules state that LG del. was requested or guaranteed by the shipper. You pull up to JOE BLOWS FLOORING with a plt., they have no forklift and state they will just hand unload, you can't charge for liftgate service.

Technically, I could. Since I'm utilizing, 'alternate means' (their employees) to get the freight to ground level. Is there a difference between talking them into doing it, or tying a rope around the freight and a tree and driving off? I'll let the office sort that out.

I'm pretty green in the city, but was taught to use my discretion and to use driver convenience. If its going to take 30mins at a const site to get one skid off, it's coming down on the lg no charge. If joe blow flooring wants to break down an ugly 2k lb skid of flooring, I'll give them a hand and no charge. Now, if joe blow flooring doesn't want to help break it down, they're getting hit with lg and inside delivery. Seems fair to me?

Technically, I could. Since I'm utilizing, 'alternate means' (their employees) to get the freight to ground level. Is there a difference between talking them into doing it, or tying a rope around the freight and a tree and driving off? I'll let the office sort that out.

I'm pretty green in the city, but was taught to use my discretion and to use driver convenience. If its going to take 30mins at a const site to get one skid off, it's coming down on the lg no charge. If joe blow flooring wants to break down an ugly 2k lb skid of flooring, I'll give them a hand and no charge. Now, if joe blow flooring doesn't want to help break it down, they're getting hit with lg and inside delivery. Seems fair to me?

What's a liftgate? asking (for a real line driver)

With open borders coming again I'd be real careful whose buttons you push cause you'll be replaced by an immigrant, oh yeah and thanks to cali drivers for your slow down due to hourly pay, vegas, boise, and the nw appreciate the extra work, bunch of whiny bitches r cutting your own throats

With open borders coming again I'd be real careful whose buttons you push cause you'll be replaced by an immigrant, oh yeah and thanks to cali drivers for your slow down due to hourly pay, vegas, boise, and the nw appreciate the extra work, bunch of whiny bitches r cutting your own throats

You lost me. How does driving the speed limit cut my own throat when I'm paid by the hour? Only a complete moron would speed when paid hourly...

Its funny how task pay, lets say drop and hook takes 1/2 hr and you get paid an hour, now your hourly and it takes an hour, speed limit really ? Dont know many drivers that drive 55 in a 55 more like 60 but now your hourly so its 53-55, or never took breaks but now you do, it all adds up to an extra day to get to the nw so they'll go around you or put it on pt. How many truck drivers make 90-100 k a year ? I do, 2% cola this year , so, you all think your under paid and over worked, go back to school, get a different job, if i hated this place as much as some of you I'd quit, not worth my mental state to constantly think this place is screwing me or how i can get even with the pricks that run this place

Its funny how task pay, lets say drop and hook takes 1/2 hr and you get paid an hour, now your hourly and it takes an hour, speed limit really ? Dont know many drivers that drive 55 in a 55 more like 60 but now your hourly so its 53-55, or never took breaks but now you do, it all adds up to an extra day to get to the nw so they'll go around you or put it on pt. How many truck drivers make 90-100 k a year ? I do, 2% cola this year , so, you all think your under paid and over worked, go back to school, get a different job, if i hated this place as much as some of you I'd quit, not worth my mental state to constantly think this place is screwing me or how i can get even with the pricks that run this place
Post under the influence often?