XPO | Employee and customer appreciation

ole man

TB Lurker
Credits
I want your thoughts on XPO’s employee and customer appreciation today. I work city P&D, delivered a tent today to a regional truckload carrier. I asked its purpose. Was told starting tomorrow, 8/10/18, the company was doing a two day event in employee and customer appreciation. Flatbeds, goose necks and other trailers were already set up. It will be a big deal.

Where is our appreciation? I do realize that employee appreciation normally doesn’t happen until, I think, September.

Anyway, will we get two days? Will we get one day? Will we get a mention?

Last edited:
I want your thoughts on XPO’s employee and customer appreciation today. I work city P&D, delivered a tent today to a regional truckload carrier. I asked its purpose. Was told starting tomorrow, 8/10/18, the company was doing a two day event in employee and customer appreciation. Flatbeds, goose necks and other trailers were already set up. It will be a big deal.

Where is our appreciation? I do realize that employee appreciation normally doesn’t happen until, I think, September.

Anyway, will we get two days? Will we get one day? Will we get a mention?
None, no, no and no.
Did you get any last year ?
It would have a negative effect on the O/R .

Last edited:
Unfortunately, working at XPO is just a job. Nothing more, nothing less. I show up every night, take two trailers where they want, gather up my freight and bring two trailers back. I get paid every Friday. If I don’t expect any more, I’m never disappointed. I do like to know if I’m doing a “good job” and have asked several people several times for some feedback on trailers that I have loaded. It would be nice to be given an occasional “atta-boy”, but I don’t think many of us see that, never mind anything else in the appreciation category. Again, it’s a job, and if we don’t like it, we can find another, right?

Unfortunately, working at XPO is just a job. Nothing more, nothing less. I show up every night, take two trailers where they want, gather up my freight and bring two trailers back. I get paid every Friday. If I don’t expect any more, I’m never disappointed. I do like to know if I’m doing a “good job” and have asked several people several times for some feedback on trailers that I have loaded. It would be nice to be given an occasional “atta-boy”, but I don’t think many of us see that, never mind anything else in the appreciation category. Again, it’s a job, and if we don’t like it, we can find another, right?
Your pay is still on Friday?

You guys still get paid ? Lucky turds. ( sarcasm ) But Jacobs is probably trying to figure out a way to get us all to be independent contractors.

Wish we could get a few more like dalesr that actually give a fart around here. That'd be great.

When I was working, I got my appreciation weekly, in the form of a direct deposit. I've been retired 5 years now, and still get my appreciation, but it's monthly. Work is something you don't want to do, but have to.

I've read in the communication bulletins that management at individual barns is supposed to plan a summer activity by Sep 14

Get NO communication at my place, get NO appreciation at my place. It's a hot stinking mess and getting worse. Purchased Transport gone wild, people quitting left and right, and management either doesn't have a clue or doesn't care. Maybe both. I remember when we were King of the Hill several months running.

I was thinking back to when they used to use terms such as "culture" and "employee engagement" when Con-way would communicate with its workforce. Now we have no communication and both of those terms seem so distant in the past.
Could it be that Jacobs and crew are clueless when it comes to this aspect of the business ? I think not. They may know how to create large conglomerates through acquisitions but fail in actually running the day to day business. It's been long enough now for us as employees sit on the scale of importance to these takers that run this. I think its time for many here to rethink their position to their future here and wheres it's going with these clowns in charge. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to read the map.