ODFL | Employee appreciation week

It's National Truck Driver Appreciation week. Should be different from the employee appreciation week. Depending on your service center size it may have been combined.

It's National Truck Driver Appreciation week. Should be different from the employee appreciation week. Depending on your service center size it may have been combined.
Yep, the DOT appreciates us so much they’re gonna lay down some new rules and regulations on us. “There ya go, we appreciate y’all. Here’s a new book of regulations. Enjoy.”
Come on, a little sarcasm can get a couple of chuckles.

I want to be honest and truthful, but unfortunately I can’t. I’m sure that there’s a lot of driver’s and dock supervisors in our region that would agree with my assessment. It’s something that I could truly appreciate. But anyway y’all have a good and safe night.

In my opinion it comes down to the manager, some managers treat their people like they are a team and want everybody to feel like they are a part of a team and will go the extra mile for their team ex: steak as stated above,and some managers who don't see their people as their team will buy the basic package because they HAVE to and will buy the cheapest thing sam's offers a large box of frozen hockey puck burgers. And as we all know ,the employees know which manager they have .

In my opinion it comes down to the manager, some managers treat their people like they are a team and want everybody to feel like they are a part of a team and will go the extra mile for their team ex: steak as stated above,and some managers who don't see their people as their team will buy the basic package because they HAVE to and will buy the cheapest thing sam's offers a large box of frozen hockey puck burgers. And as we all know ,the employees know which manager they have .
Outsider here peeking in, It's that way at most places, our terminal to the north can't figure out how we get a food truck and a hog roast and they get burnt dog's. It' the mangers no doubt, we even had one of your city guys making a drop off here and he even got something to eat. Our manger said your a truck driver aren't you get something to eat and drink no problem.

Keep the crappy food and show us appreciation by turning the trucks up! It bad enough we get passed by 98% of trucks on the road. Now XPO and Werner are blowing our doors off. Who’s next, PRIME!?!?

Couldn't quite figure out our old TM but our new one posted a little schedule on Monday.Awards.Taco Truck.Ice cream bar.And doughnuts and bagels tomorrow.But you have to put in some effort.Even if you go to Sam's you can get as much or as little as you want.