XPO | Employee Appreciation

ShabaDoo

TB Lurker
Credits
Bunch of us were talking at the shop and realized we only get a cookout during 1 day of employee appreciation week. We use to get at least 4 a year in the conway days. Heard other sics get cookouts every other month.
So, the question is... how often does your sic treat it's employees to cookouts and food?

Bunch of us were talking at the shop and realized we only get a cookout during 1 day of employee appreciation week. We use to get at least 4 a year in the conway days. Heard other sics get cookouts every other month.
So, the question is... how often does your sic treat it's employees to cookouts and food?
Our terminal ignores the milestones set for safety. We can go accident free for the next ten years and jack sh-t would happen.

None of the things that should matter , matter anymore.

That’s a huge 0 !

We had about 6 cookouts this year. 2 where we had steaks for us exceeding goals. Every month we have food for birthdays. Donuts every Wednesday.
We occasionally get gift cards for going above and beyond.
Not sure why some terminals get nothing and others like us get the works.

Last edited:
They have had a couple. Employee appreciation week. They will cook twice. Once burgers. The other breakfast food. We had a food truck the one day. That was pretty cool. Got doughnuts a couple times for safety.

We had about 6 cookouts this year. 2 where we had steaks for us exceeding goals. Every month we have food for birthdays. Donuts every Wednesday.
What company do you work for ? Can’t be XPO ! We went almost 2 months without drinkable water in the building ! Yet your getting steaks , donuts , etc ??!!

I think it’s totally up to the tm. Same with building maintenance, truck wash etc. You either get a good one. Or you don’t.

I think it’s totally up to the tm. Same with building maintenance, truck wash etc. You either get a good one. Or you don’t.
Yes I agree . Xpo leadership has Tm’s Under a microscope on ANY and ALL money spent. Our terminal is operating at an exceptional level of performance. I think there’s a little bit more money to be spent for us vs other terminals.

Yes I agree . Xpo leadership has Tm’s Under a microscope on ANY and ALL money spent. Our terminal is operating at an exceptional level of performance. I think there’s a little bit more money to be spent for us vs other terminals.

Our terminal is supposedly operating at a record ratio. Still haven't seen ::shit::.

As much as people talked ::shit:: about things when we actually DID get things (they bought cheap donuts, only had water to drink, steaks are too thin, the BJ wasn't wet enough, etc) it made a difference. As callous as some people are even a small effort by management is noticed and appreciated. Except for two or three guys, but those people will never be happy.

I'm not sure how everyone thinks about it, but in my view I don't come to work for free food. Yes at times it is nice to do, but some places it got out of hand.
As we see it is a very important item to some or this thread would have never been started.

I'm not sure it is really about "food". The food is just an easy metaphor for appreciation and respect. The food probably would not be talked about if either: A) somebody ever took a moment to say, "Hey, nice job this week. Thanks." or B) just weren't pricks.

Now, a lot of people might read that and say something stupid like, "I dont come to work for 'thank you', I come to work and get paid" and, while I understand what they would be getting at, it's not that simple. We should be respected as human beings. Simple acts of kindness and recognition are the most basic, simplest, and easiest methods to use to do this. If a company can't manage to climb over that extremely low hurdle, it has issues.

These sorts of failures are indicative of larger, more complicated issues.

One time a police officer knocked on my sister's door.

Officer: The neighbor is complaining about your dog.
Sister: To be honest with you, officer, we've been having issues for a while. This really isn't about the dog.
Officer: Ma'am, it's never really about the dog.

It's not really about the food, either.

I'm not sure how everyone thinks about it, but in my view I don't come to work for free food. Yes at times it is nice to do, but some places it got out of hand.
As we see it is a very important item to some or this thread would have never been started.
Personally , I would like to see XPO try and get customers ( the people that pay the bills )

If they have a cookout , invite customers to the service center. Oh wait , they can't do that because that means terminal management would have to have their sh!t together.

Honestly , who would complain if they trained people correctly , went after customers ( and tried to keep them ) and there was one or two less cookouts?

I'm not sure it is really about "food".
Yes this thread is about food. Reread post #1 in this thread
"Bunch of us were talking at the shop and realized we only get a cookout during 1 day of employee appreciation week. We use to get at least 4 a year in the conway days. Heard other sics get cookouts every other month.
So, the question is... how often does your sic treat it's employees to cookouts and food?"

I get the respect from my boss, they talk to me and show me the same respect I show them. So I don't know what it like at your place but I get it at both my barn and the FAC I go too.

I agree with icuicp I would rather see the company spend more time in getting and keeping customer. Then cooking use food. At the end of the day giving you food doesn't keep the doors open.

Yes this thread is about food. Reread post #1 in this thread
"Bunch of us were talking at the shop and realized we only get a cookout during 1 day of employee appreciation week. We use to get at least 4 a year in the conway days. Heard other sics get cookouts every other month.
So, the question is... how often does your sic treat it's employees to cookouts and food?"

I get the respect from my boss, they talk to me and show me the same respect I show them. So I don't know what it like at your place but I get it at both my barn and the FAC I go too.

I agree with icuicp I would rather see the company spend more time in getting and keeping customer. Then cooking use food. At the end of the day giving you food doesn't keep the doors open.

Good workers keep doors open. Happy workers are good workers.

And you are correct that the original post only mentions food. I wonder if it would have if the poster was happy otherwise? Maybe, maybe not. But here's the thing about threads on message boards, they sometimes drift. My post wasn't just about the food, some others weren't either. That's just how humans communicate.

When people complain about relatively small things, it usually means that their are deeper issues.

Good workers keep doors open. Happy workers are good workers.

And you are correct that the original post only mentions food. I wonder if it would have if the poster was happy otherwise? Maybe, maybe not. But here's the thing about threads on message boards, they sometimes drift. My post wasn't just about the food, some others weren't either. That's just how humans communicate.

When people complain about relatively small things, it usually means that their are deeper issues.
Yes good and happy works keep doors open. So on theses threads what one are some of the biggest bitches poster have???? Insurance, Pay, Working condition, and equipment. I sure most in here would love to see those items improve long before they worry about a cookout or any other free food at work.
Maybe we need to take a poll
1. better insurance or cookout?
2. better pay or cookout?
3 better equipment or a cookout?
Theses are some of the big issues on the XPO thread. I would rather see the compensation improve and let that grill rust and fall apart.

It's not just a feed me post, it's more about employee morale. I mention food because that's the base for appreciation. Nobody gets star cards or QLAs anymore. We don't get appreciation for sales leads, saving customers, safety, retirement, etc.
Basically was interested in how each terminal operates. It seems like a mix "you're lucky to have a job" and "you guys are doing great, here's some burgers"