XPO | Employee gripes

Douglas

TB Lurker
Credits
Hi all..as for employee gripes about their JOB...it's tough to find a good paying job in todays market...how many of the senoir drivers, if they had to, could pass the Pre Opp Pre Hire physical Con-Way now has new employees take before they are hired?...sorry but some of them in my Service Center can't lift a 30 lbs box if they had to...we all see it...what is it going to come to in our future, all will need to do the test, and if we don't pass, there's the door don't let it hit you in the ass on the way out..peace to all..

I think what he was saying there was.... this one one more tool to show you out the door. As if they needed another ? That is how I took it.

with all of our new found Government Entitlements why do we even need to Worry about working and earning a decent living when we can sit on our fat a$$'$ and Collect our check from Uncle Sam !! Can't beat em **** Join em !!

Sounds like a junior driver crying. We paid our dues. Who remembers pushing freight down the dock with freight carts. A whole lot of handfreight back then.

I am judging form the intenese denial and instant blame the rook mentality that they won't and can't believe that they could or would ever be replaced. After you top out the bullseye is pretty big. These guys probably have so much time the bullseye is bigger than they are.

If you can't do the job,time to move on .Dues paid is an excuse from guys that can't do the job. By the way I'm not a junior guy crying just tired of carring guys that can't do the job anymore. And yes use many of pallet jacks to move skids of freight way too heavy to get going only to hit a toothpick and come to a complete stop.

Douglas...it is called POPH...Post Offer Pre Hire..examination...I would bet that the senior drivers who helped this company from day one had it much rougher with less modern equipment and no power sterring...that in itself is more strenuous than the POPH...without their efforts, you would not be here...not taking a swipe at you...just stating a fact...give them their due...Lord knows they've earned it. Now they must acccept the reality that they do not have the earlier promised pensions/retirement...let's let tehm focus on their families instead of their ability to lift a 30 lb box...I don't want to argue...just my opinion...I am not a day one guy either...