ABF | Employment

Abf has better health are and pension, tforce has a better top rate if your going hourly.
Tforce is just over 30 a hour, abf is 26.20.
Tforce employees pays for their Healthcare it was 27 a week when I left in August of last year, abf is company paid Healthcare.
Tforce pension is at 125ish a month per year of service, in my region for abf (042) there's a notice hanging on the union board that abf pension is paying a little over 180 a month per year of service.
The tforce barn I left was run like a concentration camp, every little aspect was micromanaged. As a city man they had sups that did nothing but follow us around and do observations and nit pick at how you do the job.
Stop to crap and you'll be asked what you were doing for those few minutes the truck wasn't moving. Etc. Etc
Abf is the exact opposite, as long as your doing your job your left alone.

Ok . I will apply at both and whoever hires me first. Get's me...

But if TForce Freight hires me first and i like it there i could stay. But if there is any real if'sss about the place. And ABF reaches out and would hire me i'll jump ship...

But if TForce Freight hires me first and i like it there i could stay. But if there is any real if'sss about the place. And ABF reaches out and would hire me i'll jump ship...
Tforce will probably call you first, it took abf almost a month to call me.

Try to get on with ABF before April so your eligible for any bonus we may receive….

Thanks so what is city driver pay for this center?
Top rate Pay is the same accross the board. Weather it's full time dock, dock/city combo, or city.
Here at 042 with a license you start out at top rate, and 10k bonus, not sure it it's the same everywhere or just in Carlisle though.
Straight dock starts at either 70 or 80%.and takes 4 years to hit top rate

Top rate Pay is the same accross the board. Weather it's full time dock, dock/city combo, or city.
Here at 042 with a license you start out at top rate, and 10k bonus, not sure it it's the same everywhere or just in Carlisle though.
Straight dock starts at either 70 or 80%.and takes 4 years to hit top rate
4 years?! FedEx freight will start you at top out 31.58

Well i just finished fully apply for ABF-Columbus OHIO. TForce Freight wont be hiring for any hourly position. Until the next month give a take.

Will be interesting to see who contacts me first.

4 years?! FedEx freight will start you at top out 31.58
4 years for non cdl dock only, cdl dock starts at top rate, Wich is still about 5 a hour too low.
People come here for the Healthcare, and pension.
it will be damn near impossible to find a better Healthcare plan than what we got,pension pays better than most as well and we don't pay a dime for either.

Well i just finished fully apply for ABF-Columbus OHIO. TForce Freight wont be hiring for any hourly position. Until the next month give a take.

Will be interesting to see who contacts me first.
Not sure if I missed it but are you interested in linehaul or city? If city, many ABF barns are 7 day operations meaning low seniority earns you a ton of weekend dock time. If you're lucky enough to land an on call spot be prepared to start a different time every day, and likely be sat on a weekday so you can work the weekend. There's a reason they're offering 15k sign on bonus in my area....not many want that lifestyle. Nothing against the healthcare and pension, they're awesome. But seriously how do you maintain a healthy family life with that schedule?

You can do better in LTL imo, and everyone is hiring.