ABF | Employment

I agree with u. I'm not complaining one bit at all. Just curious because dayton,oh offerings . curious if Columbus, OH was doing the same.
As far as I know it's still start at 90% and most likely be 10%er. They are supposed to be hiring 9 but who knows how long that will take.

Well the good news is ABF. Columbus OH . Is starting to check me out on there background info.. Not worried at all about that. 100 percent clean and clear. Hot damn.

So playing the waiting game there.
Just heard today they got the approval for starting at scale and a sign on bonus. $5000 I think but not positive.

$5000 signing on bonus paid out on Day 1 and 100% of scale immediately to fully qualified candidates who apply before 03/30/2022
I hope you get the $5,000 bonus and start out at top pay! ABF employees are getting such a small COLA raise this year that it makes me happy to hear that someone is getting a normal standard of living wage out of management.

I hope you get the $5,000 bonus and start out at top pay! ABF employees are getting such a small COLA raise this year that it makes me happy to hear that someone is getting a normal standard of living wage out of management.
Me too. Is a better offer starting out than the Yellow is offering.

Well the good news is ABF. Columbus OH . Is starting to check me out on there background info.. Not worried at all about that. 100 percent clean and clear. Hot damn.

So playing the waiting game there.
Definitely be waiting. My background check is taking a bit longer than expected.

The company does a thorough background check & they may be processing a high volume of checks. Be patient, if you were truthful on your application there should not be a problem.
Normally how long does it take?
In some cases, 2 to 3 months or longer. Like Doc stated, they will check everything they can about you. They will go back up to 10-years checking your driving record. I know this sounds corny, but when you join ABF, ABF becomes a part of you. Both good and bad. But compared to other employers, it is mostly good. Think of ABF as a sit-com family. You may have the crazy cousin or grumpy uncle, or rebellious little brother, but it is still your family and you are proud to be a part of it. The best part is, once your 30 day probation is up, you pretty much have a job that you can retire with. You have to really, really screw up bad to lose your job. And with our progressive discipline, you pretty much know ahead of time if you are heading down the wrong path. At least that is my experience so far at ABF. And it will be 28-years in June for me.

Tforce will probably call you first, it took abf almost a month to call me.
Do what's best for u and the family man!! You can't go wrong working for a union company with the perks of great insurance,overtime after 8 and most importantly a grievance procedure. I've worked for overnite/ups freight to now tforce. Tforce is doing better and has plans of getting rid of bad ups people due to their lack of freight knowledge.

In some cases, 2 to 3 months or longer. Like Doc stated, they will check everything they can about you. They will go back up to 10-years checking your driving record. I know this sounds corny, but when you join ABF, ABF becomes a part of you. Both good and bad. But compared to other employers, it is mostly good. Think of ABF as a sit-com family. You may have the crazy cousin or grumpy uncle, or rebellious little brother, but it is still your family and you are proud to be a part of it. The best part is, once your 30 day probation is up, you pretty much have a job that you can retire with. You have to really, really screw up bad to lose your job. And with our progressive discipline, you pretty much know ahead of time if you are heading down the wrong path. At least that is my experience so far at ABF. And it will be 28-years in June for me.
We had a sales team at our terminal on Thursday & I asked the question of why it takes eol terminal’s so long to hire someone but when they have a job fair at the bigger terminal’s they hire on the spot? They said they are trying to speed up the process. We lose perspective employees to other companies because of this process….