ABF | Employment

It was one of those medication days von.
Now if I was still working subject to a random, my answer would have been a Sinus infection day not the Vicodin has kicked in. Funny thing I gave up my CDL 2 months after I retired, I don't drink. but, .04 I am drunk with a CDL. .08 before I am with no CDL. Big diff. von.

I don't know why fellow rank and file have not demanded a contract that all of the paid days vacation 6 days holidays all be described as one day you're allowed so many and a 1 year. It doesn't matter why you take it all matters that they know you're not gonna be there. Some companies already do that you would think that would be something that could be negotiated come contract time but I guess not. von

Local 413 President and BA of ABF, said if all the current workers dont receive the same sign on bonus
They have a good President & BA. The employees who been in the trenches for years not to mention working through a pandemic got nothing (except the bonus we earned) why should a new hire get a stack of money? The rest of the locals who are offering a bonus should do the same thing, take care of your own first….

They have a good President & BA. The employees who been in the trenches for years not to mention working through a pandemic got nothing (except the bonus we earned) why should a new hire get a stack of money? The rest of the locals who are offering a bonus should do the same thing, take care of your own first….
I agree. Me and the President knows each other for a long time now. For the best and worst of times. So i'm dealing with it and moving on . Just want to get on board and start paying my dues. Plus....

As a reminder to everyone it is unacceptable to evade language filters and put the F word (or any other profanity) on this site. If you are doing this it stops now. Thank You.

What is current top scale for fulltime city P@D driver in columbus? is it $26.20 or $26.29 .

Feel free to post here or pm with the numbers.

Thanks

As a reminder to everyone it is unacceptable to evade language filters and put the F word (or any other profanity) on this site. If you are doing this it stops now. Thank You.
I agree. But, I have to ask. I know the word Peni* is not a dirty word. But if I use 'Tallywacker' in place of Peni*, am I still in good standing? von.

Please refresh me on a post a while back as to Google looking for bad words & how it is used or effects this board. Thanks. von.

so no thirty days probation then. go to seniority list right away. i can handle that.

now those 2 just hired in the last year. did they have a start time right away. or was then on call a 10% and if so how long before they had a start time?
I have two friend's that work a ABF and one has been on call for 3 years and the other 2 years. Not sure if it's like that at every terminal, but they said it sucks. They are city/dock worker's, but spend more time on the dock.

I have two friend's that work a ABF and one has been on call for 3 years and the other 2 years. Not sure if it's like that at every terminal, but they said it sucks. They are city/dock worker's, but spend more time on the dock.
That’s not the case here at the Rock. All the overtime and 6th/7th day work you want.
Trucking is like real estate - "Location, location, location."