ABF | Employment

Well i have 2 of my 4 weeks probation over with. 2 more weeks and i will be fulltime on the senority Board.

The are hanging a new bid list this week. The end of next week we are rebidding thurs and fri.The end of my probation and i will be able to hold the last bid. Which the new bids kick in the falling Monday.

Might have a choice of 2 bids. I wont have to be a 10 % percent on call. That will be nice.

Well i have 2 of my 4 weeks probation over with. 2 more weeks and i will be fulltime on the senority Board.

The are hanging a new bid list this week. The end of next week we are rebidding thurs and fri.The end of my probation and i will be able to hold the last bid. Which the new bids kick in the falling Monday.

Might have a choice of 2 bids. I wont have to be a 10 % percent on call. That will be nice.
I assume everything is going good so far? I know that my move to ABF in 1994 was the best move I ever made. 28 years in June and I still think it is the best job out there. There definitely needs to be some changes made, but when compared to other Employers as a whole, this is the place for me. It provides well for Bertha, Puddin’, and myself as obviously, none of us have missed a meal yet.

Yes everything isa going good so far. Next week im going with a morning P@D driver.
Then the next 2 maybe 3 days going out for training with the driver. That runs the flatbed trailer.

I have 2 years experience flatbed already. But the training will be fine. Learn that dang handheld PDA better. He will train me to run the forklift-lift on the back. How to take off and put in back on. And how to run it. Never had training with something like that.

And the terminal is going to let me finish of my third and fourth week Probation. By working the dock.

Then after that ill be fulltime and whatever is needed from me. Working wise i wont have to worry about it no more.

Just work and be safe.

They rebid my terminal after I got my training done. I’m #2 unassigned. Getting stuck with the midnight shift since it’s a small terminal but have been able to get out driving a good amount. Hopefully they hire a few more guys soon. Only been here for about 6 weeks

They rebid my terminal after I got my training done. I’m #2 unassigned. Getting stuck with the midnight shift since it’s a small terminal but have been able to get out driving a good amount. Hopefully they hire a few more guys soon. Only been here for about 6 weeks
Cool. I believe i will have 1 guy below me. So i believe my only choice maybe 2 . Will be the new 3pm bid they just put up the last rebid2-3 weeks ago

My partner and I just left Columbus on our 5 th Dayton turn for today. Yard guy told us they may layoff a few guys, or give them the option to become owner operators with Panther?

Well week 3 went well. The first 2 days of training with that forklift on the back . Was a alittle challenging but i learned some. Day 3 and 4 went so much better.

Next week-4. I was asked did i want to stay on this. . My final training week on this and i said yes. We rebid next thurs-friday.

Then it goes it affect Monday. Then i will have a bid and only 1-3 days left of my probation. Then i will be fulltime only the union seniority board list.

I will say learning to load and unload the U-Pack Moving Cubes is a challenge.

Well week 3 went well. The first 2 days of training with that forklift on the back . Was a alittle challenging but i learned some. Day 3 and 4 went so much better.

Next week-4. I was asked did i want to stay on this. . My final training week on this and i said yes. We rebid next thurs-friday.

Then it goes it affect Monday. Then i will have a bid and only 1-3 days left of my probation. Then i will be fulltime only the union seniority board list.

I will say learning to load and unload the U-Pack Moving Cubes is a challenge.
Be careful some of those Cubes have been known to explode. :438: