TForce | Employment

1FastCorvette

TB Lurker
Credits
Hey everyone.

Well now for about 3-5 weeks. I have been working at Cms. Partime dockworker. Working here and parttime elsewhere.

Figure i will work the 2 jobs. Until a fulltime job from here, lands in my lap. Working the 10pm shift.

So far so good. Been awhile since working the dock. But it's all coming back to me. Will be nice 2 get on here fulltime though.

Peace Brothers.

you may have a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong wait! i been waiting for 3 years myself, i was next in line, when they closed the danville terminal down it put 5 more people in front of me, so i hope you have a lot of patience, i also hope you load trucks better than the rest of those guys there, jees we get some screwed up trailers from y'all

i hope your not in the midwest and waiting. i don't know of anyone around here who has made full time off the dock in at least 4 years. in less you obtain a cdl, and even then , thats if-y.
last i heard UPS doesn't hire or make full time dock anymore. thier turning frieght into parcel. work the dock for a few years, get an education <college>, become managment, then get fired after 3 years and move on.
good luck

[quote author=laid off 90% link=topic=80250.msg830972#msg830972 date=1274222135]
i hope your not in the midwest and waiting. i don't know of anyone around here who has made full time off the dock in at least 4 years. in less you obtain a cdl, and even then , thats if-y.
last i heard UPS doesn't hire or make full time dock anymore. thier turning frieght into parcel. work the dock for a few years, get an education <college>, become managment, then get fired after 3 years and move on.
good luck
[/quote]

This is what I have heard (and seen) also. No more full time dock.

I have seen a part time dock worker become a full time driver though.

Thanks for the reply's so far.

Well i do have my Cdls. 10 years , Yellow Freight. Worked dock, yard , City P@D driver, that was more my thing. And line-haul a few times or more.

So far by keeping my eyes and ears open. Found out there currently only 2 fulltimer, red circled dock , and yardswitcher plus 2 partime dockworkers. Means at this point in time . I am number 5 in line for a fulltime position.

After learning this i am going to stick around. And wait to see what happens. After having been a Teamster for 12 years. I would like to stay working for a Union-Teamster Carrier.

Later Brother's