SAIA | Employment

1FastCorvette

TB Lurker
Credits
Hi.

In Columbus Ohio, Saia is running a ad for part time dockworkers. It show's starting wage $14.99-$18.21

How long is the wage progression rate for dockworkers, part time and fulltime?

Plus for part time dock worker do they hire. Outbound afternoon hours, or inbound morning shift hours?

And if your in the progression time period. When everyone else gets a raise do u get any of it?

Also i have my Class A Cdl license and meet all the company requirements. Except for 1 year recent drive time, is there anything in house i can do to get me driver qualified.

Any information would be helpful thanks....

Last edited by a moderator:
We use p/t dock on both in and outbound. You will have to speak with the TM about that. Raises come every 6 months for fulltimers until you reach top pay, not sure if this is the case with p/t's. There is a dock to driver program for those w/out a cdl, but they put it on hold for the time being. The only advice I can give you is get a job driving anywhere else and then try to apply once you have your year experience. I got mine at Pepsi, stayed there a year, and came here. Good luck!

It might be a little different between full time and part time. Also the wage is sometimes higher or lower depending on the area