Yellow | End 2 tier pay

realityofitall

TB Regular
Credits
I seen this topic come up for the UPS drivers and such and I think it should also be here as well. Why shouldn't someone get the same pay for being a dockworker/driver that a person with 3 years get ? Why wait 3 years to get top rate ? Why only pay $11.90hr to non breakbulk dock workers ? Why not give them 18 or so dollars an hour ?

For the record, I just seen an ad for dockworkers at ADP near me that offered a $3000 sign on bonus.

I seen this topic come up for the UPS drivers and such and I think it should also be here as well. Why shouldn't someone get the same pay for being a dockworker/driver that a person with 3 years get ? Why wait 3 years to get top rate ? Why only pay $11.90hr to non breakbulk dock workers ? Why not give them 18 or so dollars an hour ?

For the record, I just seen an ad for dockworkers at ADP near me that offered a $3000 sign on bonus.
Make sure you read the fine print. A lot of signing bonus money is figured into your starting wages. Another gimmick used. Others pay a bonus, but it will usually take months or even a few years for you to collect it.

I totally agree with you. Graduated pay/progression never used to exist. It was voted in by "brother" Teamsters back in the 1980's. What the heck, it didn't apply to the Teamsters who voted it in did it? Nothing like throwing future brothers under the bus.

I could not agree more !!! 1100 an hour people, that are willing to work the dock for that, probably are not the ideal employee to handle maybe thousands $ worth of freight on a daily basis ? Poor loading and careless handling,cause big claims, misloaded freight is also a huge problem !!!

2 tier wages creates a lot of resentment why am I not being paid the same for the doing the same job? Look at all the damaged freight too you get what you pay for it's disgusting at 309 we have bid drivers taking fully loaded trailers of damaged freight to Kansas City for auction.

I could not agree more !!! 1100 an hour people, that are willing to work the dock for that, probably are not the ideal employee to handle maybe thousands $ worth of freight on a daily basis ? Poor loading and careless handling,cause big claims, misloaded freight is also a huge problem !!!

That’s scarier than I.C.E and cartage showing up at the same time.

2 tier wages creates a lot of resentment why am I not being paid the same for the doing the same job? Look at all the damaged freight too you get what you pay for it's disgusting at 309 we have bid drivers taking fully loaded trailers of damaged freight to Kansas City for auction.
Let's all go to KC!
:1036316054:
Open a mom and pop shop.

I think you're right!I think any one that hired on after 2009 should really have to fight to reach full contract pay and the rest of us who has been here before that should move straight to full contract pay. Works for me

I always thought that was ridiculous especially if you consider that the new guy on the bottom usually ends up with the hump work.

didnt we go on strike over the two tier system ? think we got out 1st take the bonus money deal on that screwing