Holland | End of an era

Changes never good , way back in the day , Holland had a big stack of job apps & was the best to work for and just like Roadway back in the day too, plus many others too fell by the roadside in years past ..............................................rip the old good holland
Reddaway was the same. They said you had to know someone to get on. Trailers and tractors had new paint jobs. They didn’t have an issue of hiring and growing. Sad for the regionals.

TNT also unloaded another big loss-making U.S. operation, the trucking business TNT Pilot, which had lost more than A$60 million since 1980.

Spector-Red Ball Inc., the nation's sixth largest trucking firm...​

Seems like only yesterday? Spector gave all their freight to P-I-E. What a cluster-f that was! P-I-E had trailer loads of OS&D freight for over 6 months until they could clear all the shipments!

Just another of many LTL carriers that "bit the dust" after deregulation in 1980!

Seems like only yesterday? Spector gave all their freight to P-I-E. What a cluster-f that was! P-I-E had trailer loads of OS&D freight for over 6 months until they could clear all the shipments!

Just another of many LTL carriers that "bit the dust" after deregulation in 1980!
I had a good friend who was delivering and then loading a full pup to ride for Spector. He loved that job and it seemed like they were doing ok. Then, bam gates locked go to the hall to find work.

I pulled it all to Jax for our store to sell.