XPO | Engine Idling

I tend to leave the truck idle if I'm in and out at a secure looking area. You'd think restarting the truck 20 times a day would have an effect sooner or later.

I tend to leave the truck idle if I'm in and out at a secure looking area. You'd think restarting the truck 20 times a day would have an effect sooner or later.

Con-way has always been against "excessive idling" and has stressed this many times as being a "No No".
If they feel their drivers cannot police themselves, they will police the drivers and issue progressive disciplinary action.

I think there is more wear and tear on engine components by consistently stopping and starting......I guess thats what they have mechanics for. It's all about the sky rocketing fuel costs.

It doesn't take that much to turn the key to the left.

...my 2 cents

I was told my truck had excessive idle when it went for p.m. I said of couse it does, I wait in line at the border for an hour every night!!! Then they said, oh and you used the cruise control 2% of the time. I looked at my fos and started laughing! He shook his head and started chuckling too.

OK. Im new to Con-way and trucking in general...but our trucks(Central) shut off after 6min of idle times...

Now are you folks referring to say a traffic jam or other types of idle...or like running in to do a del. and coming out 20 minutes later with the truck still running???

Please forgive my noobness:hide:

OK. Im new to Con-way and trucking in general...but our trucks(Central) shut off after 6min of idle times...

Now are you folks referring to say a traffic jam or other types of idle...or like running in to do a del. and coming out 20 minutes later with the truck still running???

Some people fool the tractors by releasing their tractor air brakes and keeping the trailer brakes on. (Not sure if this still works)

they should shut off after 5 mins of idle and on the newer trucks releasing the brakes doesnt work anymore. and as far as getting a letter for excessive idleing its something they are trying to put into effect but i havent heard of it happening yet. And its really up to the mechanic checking your truck @ pm so id start being really nice to us greasemonkeys lol:hysterical: :bananalama: