Dayton | Entertaining Dayton Freight In Mi

DblsTrplsOhMy

TB Lurker
Credits
Hello, all!! New member, and wanted to get some feedback from you. I have an interview in Jackson, Mi for a dock position. I have had a Class A CDL, all endorsements, and in good standing, for almost 9 years. Looking to go linehaul, transportation driver, when the time is right. Just wanted some perspective. Pay, miles, seniority structure, benes, vacay, etc. Also, if it’s a bad plan to go dock vs waiting for a driver opening, let me know. Be safe, and watch out for the four wheelers.

Hello, all!! New member, and wanted to get some feedback from you. I have an interview in Jackson, Mi for a dock position. I have had a Class A CDL, all endorsements, and in good standing, for almost 9 years. Looking to go linehaul, transportation driver, when the time is right. Just wanted some perspective. Pay, miles, seniority structure, benes, vacay, etc. Also, if it’s a bad plan to go dock vs waiting for a driver opening, let me know. Be safe, and watch out for the four wheelers.
Wow what a good company , no openings , thats unheard of at a trucking company

Dayton freight is a good company to work for, so it's worth the wait definitely. Usually drivers have to go P&D and then wait for a linehaul spot. Drivers rarely get hired into linehaul right off the bat.

Wow my employer is looking for linehaul drivers
Some carriers like FedEx hire linehaul, but wont allow drivers to jump boards. Or if they do then they lose their seniority permanently. I have only seen someone hired directly to linehaul one time at my terminal. I personally had to be a city driver for one year. And then I jumped to transportation when a spot was available.

Some carriers like FedEx hire linehaul, but wont allow drivers to jump boards. Or if they do then they lose their seniority permanently. I have only seen someone hired directly to linehaul one time at my terminal. I personally had to be a city driver for one year. And then I jumped to transportation when a spot was available.
DFL will hire directly to Linehaul if a spot is available and no city driver wants it.

0.687 cents a mile or 28.05 an hour
Is there a phone # or email for hr or a recruiter? I checked the website but it looks like just contacts for customers. Just want to ask if theres any chance of getting Health insurance right away. With everything thats going on i hate to be without it for any amount of time.

Is there a phone # or email for hr or a recruiter? I checked the website but it looks like just contacts for customers. Just want to ask if theres any chance of getting Health insurance right away. With everything thats going on i hate to be without it for any amount of time.
You should be able to apply in the careers section on the company website. I can't remember if the health benefits were immediate. I've been with Dayton for nine years, so it may have changed. What terminal were you wanting to work at?

You should be able to apply in the careers section on the company website. I can't remember if the health benefits were immediate. I've been with Dayton for nine years, so it may have changed. What terminal were you wanting to work at?
Knoxville. Pretty sure its 60 days for benefits