FedEx Freight | Equipment down !!!

wolfie99

TB Lurker
Credits
Why is we have tractors and dollys along with trailers that are down and the shops does'nt stock parts ? We have a shortage on what we do have and the fix line at most shops are getting longer .

[quote author=Wolfie991 link=topic=80101.msg829249#msg829249 date=1273707300]
Why is we have tractors and dollys along with trailers that are down and the shops does'nt stock parts ? We have a shortage on what we do have and the fix line at most shops are getting longer .
[/quote]

Been that way for a while at the hub I go to, along with the incompetence of what they hire for mechanics. It seems like they hire a crew to babysit the shop for the over night hours, they can't fix much more than a light out.

Some bean counter with a sharp pencil determined that it is cheaper to have the absolute minimum amount of parts on hand all the time and have the occasional time when said parts have already been used and equipment sits waiting on parts.
But we are the fastest and best shipping company around so that wait on parts should be minimal. Right?????????

[quote author=rodedawg link=topic=80101.msg829280#msg829280 date=1273710217]
[/quote]

Been that way for a while at the hub I go to, along with the incompetence of what they hire for mechanics. It seems like they hire a crew to babysit the shop for the over night hours, they can't fix much more than a light out.
[/quote]
So after the technician that you just maligned reads this post, you expect your power unit to be fixed when???????????

:nono: I waited 3 weeks for a turbo from Mexico on my unit , I think they used the U.S.P.S.

we have 10 or so trucks in the deadline and shop everyday. City drivers having to wait hours for trucks. We had about 8 driver today that didn't have tractors, so the freight just sits there and the rest of us have to bust as to take up the slack. Didn't help that I80 was closed in Wyoming. Seems like we are short tractors everyday.

[quote author=UTDriver link=topic=80101.msg829313#msg829313 date=1273715268]
we have 10 or so trucks in the deadline and shop everyday. City drivers having to wait hours for trucks. We had about 8 driver today that didn't have tractors, so the freight just sits there and the rest of us have to bust as to take up the slack. Didn't help that I80 was closed in Wyoming. Seems like we are short tractors everyday.
[/quote]

Look here! You just suck it up mister. It pencils out! Look at this graph! Why, now we know we can get rid of 8 more useless drivers at your SC! Thank you! We can also sell another 8 tractors! You've saved us a bundle! Look, line haul got the freight to your barn, how you get it to the customer is of no concern to us.

I know all the mechanics at the hub on my shift when I get there ... they are good guys :thumbsup:... its not their fault they do not have parts. they do what they can. :shift:

[quote author=slackdragon link=topic=80101.msg829328#msg829328 date=1273718032]
I know all the mechanics at the hub on my shift when I get there ... they are good guys :thumbsup:... its not their fault they do not have parts. they do what they can. :shift:
[/quote]

Yeah, our guys are first rate. But all they can do is shrug. You can tell it bothers them.

[quote author=SMOKESTACK link=topic=80101.msg829308#msg829308 date=1273714280]
:nono: I waited 3 weeks for a turbo from Mexico on my unit , I think they used the U.S.P.S.
[/quote]

Nope, it was UPS. I saw them deliver it to the shop.LOL! :rant:

I thought it was really funny that our shop isn't allowed to keep many parts on hand, but then they brought in an old x van and removed the axles and landing gear. It is now a shop storage trailer.

[quote author=chitownpeddler link=topic=80101.msg829409#msg829409 date=1273756846]
I thought it was really funny that our shop isn't allowed to keep many parts on hand, but then they brought in an old x van and removed the axles and landing gear. It is now a shop storage trailer.
[/quote]Stock piling sail boat fuel .. and dispatcher brains :kicking:

This problem is getting real bad at CMH, we have like 10 dollies down at all times, not to mention the number of trucks with issues waiting on parts.

[/quote]

Guess after several years of being an aircraft mechanic,,, hotrodder,,, etc,,,,, I never knew some parts rotted like lettuce on the shelf,,,, when the mechanics KNOW they will be used in a short time..... Obviously the extremely smart college kids this company hires know more about maintaining a vehicle that our mechanics and drivers do that just so happen to deal with these things every day .... I was TOTALLY SHOCKED my shop (at the hub) had a mudflap for my truck last night..... Had to be a fluke..... (those things rot too ya know ? )

On that subject,,,, the shop forman at the hub shut off the soap to the wash bay..... I have to wonder how many thousands of dollars they spent installing a wash bay,,, (in this new center) when on his choice,,, nobody can use it now..... Instead of washing the grease off of my dolly,,, I waste a set of gloves,,, and get grease all over me and inside my clean truck......... Good Fricking Grief !!!! I understand saving money,,,, but some things are just STUPID,,,,,, like parking equipment for a part you should have on the shelf,,,, and we are short of equipment........
:rant:

Waiting on parts is the line of the day .......KW dealer right down the street . Im wondering if they keep up with the recalls on some of these tractors . Short on tractors, dollies , trailers , and the line is getting longer .

Want a wait for parts, the new internationals are nearly impossible , all the parts must come from mexico. Mine has been in the shop for a little more than 15 months since nov 07

[quote author=Franklin link=topic=80101.msg829345#msg829345 date=1273721788]
[quote author=slackdragon link=topic=80101.msg829328#msg829328 date=1273718032]
[/quote]

Yeah, our guys are first rate. But all they can do is shrug. You can tell it bothers them.
[/quote]

Yeah same here at the hub I run to the guys do the same pisses them off no parts but hands are tied just like everyone else.But they are good guys do the best have gotten me going in a short order b4...

The shop where I go are robing parts off units that are already deadlined just to keep us going. Good guys but they are just caught in the middle.

Wolfie, that looks like an Outlander, I have two myself, good fun. where do you ride?

Call M. (HE LIKES IT, HE LIKES IT) Dennis. Fleet Maint. HRO. Should take no more than 3 days to order parts. We had this issue in TOL. and th eshop manager got his balls nipped. Amazing now parts within 3 days.

I have read your posts from the above. You people sound like u-all have a problem with getting things fixed too. Over the years I watched the parts room down size to the point of not even having a wiper for a 2 year old truck.I hope that Fred is not talking on the reject managers from that big mess known as YRC it sounds just like a broken record.
Then again I may have read this wrong are we fixing trucks or airplanes !! :biglaugh: