Estes | Estes to rescue over 7,000 YRC Shipments

LTLWriter

TB Lurker
Credits
Estes has announced that they have come to agreement with Yellow Corp to recover and deliver over 7,500 LTL shipments across the network. This comes after other carriers refused to help Yellow Corp due to not wanting to get involved in labor disputes with disgruntled former employees. Estes doesn’t expect to experience and conflict and understands customers need their product.
Only select service centers will see this business over the next week or two.

Hate to be the p&d driver delivering that. Been a few weeks now. Guessing most of Yellows customers have re-ordered and received the freight. I could see a lot of refusals
I was thinking that as well… so long as we get paid to return it to the shipper then I say bring it on… on the other hand, how much of that freight will be torn up beyond recognition? Could be a big headache.

Estes has announced that they have come to agreement with Yellow Corp to recover and deliver over 7,500 LTL shipments across the network. This comes after other carriers refused to help Yellow Corp due to not wanting to get involved in labor disputes with disgruntled former employees. Estes doesn’t expect to experience and conflict and understands customers need their product.
Only select service centers will see this business over the next week or two.
Don't pick up the freight you don't want to get into a dispute with me!

after thinking about a little more, im not shocked there's that many shipments laying around. days prior to the shutdown guys knew what was happening. now i'm only speaking for my terminal but they knew it was over so some just refused to do deliveries. as alot of used to say, they took the freight "for a ride". dispatchers honestly didn't care either. supervisors and TMs did because they were the ones that had to answer for it. they needed the system as empty as possible. as for me, i delivered all my freight but turned an 8 hour day into a 10-12 one. it's NYC, sh*t happens, lol. i also found time to go on interviews and take road tests for new companies while on Yellow's time. i had no shame or worries because by the last week it was indeed a "zombie company". imagine someone from dispatch asking me "hey, what are you doing over there" :lmao:.....20 plus yrs at New Penn will be missed but life goes on folks