XPO | Ethics hotline?

carfan

TB Lurker
Credits
I dont want to get anyone in trouble here, but I have really been wondering what happens when someone calls the ethics hotline. I know of one guy who called and was fired. However, he was long unloved by our former SCM. Are there any examples of it actually making a difference?

I dont want to get anyone in trouble here, but I have really been wondering what happens when someone calls the ethics hotline. I know of one guy who called and was fired. However, he was long unloved by our former SCM. Are there any examples of it actually making a difference?

Make sure you have all your facts in order if you are going to call...Yes I have seen people let go over calls to the ethics hotline...Mainly for compromising company objectives, but harrassment issues as well...

Make sure you have all your facts in order if you are going to call...Yes I have seen people let go over calls to the ethics hotline...Mainly for compromising company objectives, but harrassment issues as well...

Harassment issues I can see, but;

"compromising company objectives"
I'll bet it's pretty easy to twist that little conclusion out of almost any situation that our ethics people chose.

Harassment issues I can see, but;

"compromising company objectives"
I'll bet it's pretty easy to twist that little conclusion out of almost any situation that our ethics people chose.

This would be more along the lines of sharing company info that shouldn't be shared...pricing, tariffs, etc...

In my opinion, this might go hand in hand with "the truth hurts". When it comes to ethics, I really wonder sometimes if this company has any. Not all but most. When a problem araises, just can the person with the problem. Tell them some story as to why they where let go. and thus the problem is solved. Better to get rid of a DSR than a SCM. Thats is just 1 mans opinion, I could be wrong.