XPO | etrack and load straps

br542

TB Lurker
Credits
Ok, I've got to say something. We all should be familiar with the Etrack system by now. My issue is this. How hard is it to hang the straps up when you are done breaking the trailer? How many times have you needed a strap or load bar, then found one only to find that it doesn't work.Did that **** you off or what? Straps don't work 'cause they get run over. That's total B.(as in B)S.(as in S). HANG THE STAPS UP!!!The company pays you to do this.(very easy money don't ya think?) It takes less than five minutes to hang the straps up or if you are in that much of a God awful hurry put them in a barrel or some other designated place. My God people, quit leaving the straps on the floor to get run over! If you hang them at the rear of the trl then the next guy or gal that's loading will always have straps when needed. Have you ever noticed how neat an m/t looks with the floor swept, the bars up, and straps hanging and ready for use. It's a thing of beauty, really it is. Or would you rather find a pile of straps wadded up on the floor and tangled up so when you need one you have to untangle and untie the knots just to find the clips are bent and don't work? I just don't understand why anyone would abuse brand new equipment that way.

Ok I'm done now. Sorry I blew up. Please don't judge me.

i agree. and i think we should buy a few thousand more of those straps. they are about as handy as it gets. they work in any trailer and in a lot of situations. i think claims are going down single handed just because of the straps. unfortunately no one is putting them where they belong, so the extras are ending up on the dock or inside other non e stack trailers. they do come in handy, but when i peddle with an e stack trailer and it doesn't have a single strap in it its frustrating.

I AGREE... i run an outbound shift and i have been bringing this up to my SCM EVERY DAY!...at the end of our inbound shift we have a HUGE pile of these just laying in the corner on our dock..im like WTF!!!... if i dont send them to our FAC every night i have the SCM telling me "we need to get these outta here"...im like what needs to happen is when they get finished breaking inbound trailers..put the SOB'S back in the trailer..and ive seen trailers where there is a pile of 30 or more just thrown on the tail of an "E" trailer.. :rant: :hyper:

This is the best post I have read in a while. I agree 100%. I put in 6-8 hours on outbound dock every day. Two things that get me are the lack of straps and the broken release bars. I wish some of these guys would just figure it out that these trailers are the key to lowering claims. This is directed at you linehaul drivers. PUT THE STRAPS BACK IN THE TRAILERS WHEN YOU ARE FINISHED BREAKING OR LOADING. I do quite a few city turns and I see the mountains of straps at the reships. It sure is hard to use them when they are just sitting there on thoes docks all day and not in trailers.

straps, craps.e-track,butt crack. i don't get it. way too much extra crap being put into something that is not all that hard. all this money and scientific research being put into all this when all it boils down to the lack of good quality leadership teaching people how to properly load freight. man we used to load trailers front to back, top to bottom and never had the magnitude of claims that is going on now with these companys. we hardly ever had plywood much less straps. we took alot of pride in properly loading and stacking freight and it rode. it actually was an art form of such and technique to do it right the first time. how many remember those days. enough said

i,as a linehaul driver use the straps and bars as intended,so please do not single linehaul drivers out....as i have pointed out to city dsr s as they are loading outbound trailers and are too lazy to do the right thing....... :rant:

I love those straps. I stashed a bunch of them in my tractor because they are great for keeping ::shit:: from sliding around in my trailer. It used to be hard to find a good strap before E-tracks came along, now everywhere I look I see straps. :thumbsup:

[quote author=rightturn link=topic=81139.msg837944#msg837944 date=1276665958]
straps, craps.e-track,butt crack. i don't get it. way too much extra crap being put into something that is not all that hard. all this money and scientific research being put into all this when all it boils down to the lack of good quality leadership teaching people how to properly load freight. man we used to load trailers front to back, top to bottom and never had the magnitude of claims that is going on now with these companys. we hardly ever had plywood much less straps. we took alot of pride in properly loading and stacking freight and it rode. it actually was an art form of such and technique to do it right the first time. how many remember those days. enough said
[/quote]

It is the forced loading program that has caused all the damages.

We used to rely on the expertise of the drivers as to properly loading trailers...we don't do that anymore...

They don't want 'docked' freight...just load it...

People have become accustomed to a mentality of 'we will do what we are told' without the intercourse of common sense.

The whole 'they hired me from the neck down' mindset has destroyed many people...and they have given up...as I have

One cannot fight the continued never ending barage of micro-management with being worn at some point.

The e-track trailers were viewed as a godsend...it will save the company...little or no claims.

It didn't work.

They demanded the trailers be used and frieght decked regardless of what was correct loading procedures...

As of this post we have had three rollovers as a result of this assine practice.

There isn't any common sense in anything this company does...even at the most elementary level...there is an extreme lack thereof.

Why?....

Simple....

We have people in leadership positions who have no idea in hell what they are doing...and it isn't going to change.

The make edicts and we are supposed to comply...

Whether it makes any sense is an afterthought...and guess what?...if it doesn't then it must be the DSRs fault...

As they surely won't admit to any misgivings...

Stunning...pure unabashed ignorance and assine ideologies that have been passe'...many eons ago.

Rat

[/quote]
guess that pretty much sums it up. out of 373 views no one remembers those days huh.

[quote author=Rat link=topic=81139.msg838188#msg838188 date=1276750145]
[/quote]

It is the forced loading program that has caused all the damages.

We used to rely on the expertise of the drivers as to properly loading trailers...we don't do that anymore...

They don't want 'docked' freight...just load it...

People have become accustomed to a mentality of 'we will do what we are told' without the intercourse of common sense.

The whole 'they hired me from the neck down' mindset has destroyed many people...and they have given up...as I have

One cannot fight the continued never ending barage of micro-management with being worn at some point.

The e-track trailers were viewed as a godsend...it will save the company...little or no claims.

It didn't work.

They demanded the trailers be used and frieght decked regardless of what was correct loading procedures...

As of this post we have had three rollovers as a result of this assine practice.

There isn't any common sense in anything this company does...even at the most elementary level...there is an extreme lack thereof.

Why?....

Simple....

We have people in leadership positions who have no idea in hell what they are doing...and it isn't going to change.

The make edicts and we are supposed to comply...

Whether it makes any sense is an afterthought...and guess what?...if it doesn't then it must be the DSRs fault...

As they surely won't admit to any misgivings...

Stunning...pure unabashed ignorance and assine ideologies that have been passe'...many eons ago.

Rat
[/quote]these trailers were a very good idea.... but, they screwed it up by making us use the e-track bars and such even when you don't need to use them. Just because you have an e-track trailer, it doesn't mean you really NEED to use the equipment.
The equipment should only be used when it's needed.
But, no, we are told to use the equipment no matter what.
YES, a very good idea, that was screwed up by management.

I also us the straps daily. (it's hard to find one that hasn't been run over and ruined)

[quote author=beerfd link=topic=81139.msg838707#msg838707 date=1276923584]
these trailers were a very good idea.... but, they screwed it up by making us use the e-track bars and such even when you don't need to use them. Just because you have an e-track trailer, it doesn't mean you really NEED to use the equipment.
The equipment should only be used when it's needed.
But, no, we are told to use the equipment no matter what.
YES, a very good idea, that was screwed up by management.
I also us the straps daily. (it's hard to find one that hasn't been run over and ruined)[/quote]
good point Beerfd,
you have mechanics and you have technicians... a mechanic starts with two screwdrivers, a pair of pliers, and a roll of tape. The technician rolls in his 500 piece tool cabinet and his assortment of electronic analyzers. E-Track is another tool not sliced bread reinvented. The process of Six Sigma used to get us to where we are with e-track involves five parts. The last two are analyze and control. In order to justify this project LSS must show the improvements to the bottom line that they had forecast. Hopefully commonsense will resurface when they get the results they are looking for. But, don't think that e-track in it's design is complete. The LSS team is still adjusting and developing the system. Any and all ideas to improve it are welcomed. Maybe start a thread here on the boards?

What should occur a.s.a.p. is someone in management taking ownership of the dockworkers and how they are trained. Knowledge to perform proper loading is not like stink. You can't pick it up by just getting close to someone who has more than their share.

Kind-a reminds me of re-weighs during the inbound operation.

Rodan,
The simple truth is that NO ONE CARES. I was once a true-blue Con-way man and now I could care less about this company. They've turned a great career into just another job. The E trailers have their time and place but mostly just slow you down. Oh and the cost of these, we can all but kiss our little bonus at the end of the year goodbye, cuz guess what? we get neart 60 mil and it'll be " oops sorry guys we didn't factor in the 20-30 million for the new trailers. better luck next year."