XPO | Everyone Else Is Doing It...

No fuel no oil. By the way how do you check the oil level? Is that the stick you pull out of the engine block, then stick into fuel tank to check for fuel? I told a driver the other night that the "full" mark on that stick means you have enough fuel to get you back home. I knew I was right!!

I usually smack the side of the oil pan with my tire thumper..........listen for the "thud".........hey, it works for the tires doesn't it????

:1036316054:

Exactly..........When I started work a couple of nights ago, I went to the fuel island to fuel........turned out the unit didn't need any, but, when I checked the oil level, it wasn't even showing on the stick........I had to add, 10 qts to get it up to the "mark".......Now, it was around 20deg. right about then, so, adding 10 qt. of oil, took me over 20min.....When I checked out, asking to get my "121" time initialed by the on-duty sup, he refused.....said I didn't get any fuel......adding oil to the unit, is "covered in what they pay Pre-Trip for".....that time, was on me.........

Now, if a P & D guy, who is on the clock, added the oil.....he would have been paid to do so........but not me, cause I am L/H......

Note to self: Next time a unit needs oil, it will instead get a red tag hung on it for low oil level, and parked at the shop.....

I refuse to perform work for free, that almost anyone else who works here, gets paid for.....

:holysheep:

Next year you should take a P/D bid.:hysterical:

Exactly..........When I started work a couple of nights ago, I went to the fuel island to fuel........turned out the unit didn't need any, but, when I checked the oil level, it wasn't even showing on the stick........I had to add, 10 qts to get it up to the "mark".......Now, it was around 20deg. right about then, so, adding 10 qt. of oil, took me over 20min.....When I checked out, asking to get my "121" time initialed by the on-duty sup, he refused.....said I didn't get any fuel......adding oil to the unit, is "covered in what they pay Pre-Trip for".....that time, was on me.........

Now, if a P & D guy, who is on the clock, added the oil.....he would have been paid to do so........but not me, cause I am L/H......

Note to self: Next time a unit needs oil, it will instead get a red tag hung on it for low oil level, and parked at the shop.....

I refuse to perform work for free, that almost anyone else who works here, gets paid for.....

:holysheep:

next time use origin breakdown code. It's for work performed to make repairs.

I have used it and been paid.

I'll try that next time.....although, I did ask him if I could put down a different code to get paid, and he said he wouldn't initial it, no matter what code I used.......

So, I wrote it down anyway......circled the initial box with a red marker and wrote down on the line below it that the sup "refused" to authorize the repair time.....

Probably won't get paid, but it made me feel better....

I'll try that next time.....although, I did ask him if I could put down a different code to get paid, and he said he wouldn't initial it, no matter what code I used.......

So, I wrote it down anyway......circled the initial box with a red marker and wrote down on the line below it that the sup "refused" to authorize the repair time.....

I found out the hard way, circling on the paysheets means do not pay...or at least it did a decade ago.

adding oil

thats unreal it took 20 minutes to add 10 qts,must be lucus you were adding or its very cold.if it was cold there are belt warmers to put on the drum if your shed isnt heated,the belt warmers work very well and it shouldnt take 20 minutes maybe 10 and your sup is an idiot for not signing your sheet,next time just:chairshot: him.

thats unreal it took 20 minutes to add 10 qts,must be lucus you were adding or its very cold.if it was cold there are belt warmers to put on the drum if your shed isnt heated,the belt warmers work very well and it shouldnt take 20 minutes maybe 10 and your sup is an idiot for not signing your sheet,next time just:chairshot: him.

Yeah....it was about 20 deg that night, snowing lightly right about then, and we don't have a shed, just kind of an awning type covering over the barrels......with a hand crank type pump device to get the oil, a/f, and w/s fluids out of the barrels and into a can to then take to the truck and pour in......the oil comes out like molassas and takes quite a while to get back out of the can, into the fill neck. I needed three cans to get the truck up to the mark....

Anyway, lesson learned, now i will just red tag the unit and drive something else....

oil

Yeah....it was about 20 deg that night, snowing lightly right about then, and we don't have a shed, just kind of an awning type covering over the barrels......with a hand crank type pump device to get the oil, a/f, and w/s fluids out of the barrels and into a can to then take to the truck and pour in......the oil comes out like molassas and takes quite a while to get back out of the can, into the fill neck. I needed three cans to get the truck up to the mark....

Anyway, lesson learned, now i will just red tag the unit and drive something else....

we have a heated belt and it works wonders the oil in the bottom gets heated and runs real fast ,if you didnt have that then i can understand why it took so long ,shame on your maint. person for not ordering one.i hope hes had the experience to by anti jel for the fuel tanks.:1036316054: