Averitt | Excellent service at Nas. shop Friday night........

Iceman

Company Man
Credits
Wanted to publicly thank Nashville Preventive maintenance for their quality service they extended to me Friday night. Sylvester, the maintenance leader, listened and treated me with utmost professionalism. My truck had developed a steering alignment issue with vibration also. Mike Schmidt, the maintenance tech, found several issues that was causing the vibration and causing the truck to pull to the right. Mike took the time to show me the bad parts and explained how they affect the handling of the truck. It seems Nashville shop understands the importance of a good mutual respectful relationship of the driver to the mechanic and vise versa. I felt like I was at a dealership's service department with awesome customer service.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would rather break down along side the road wait 10 hours for a tow to take me anywhere but the NAS shop...

It makes a difference. I have found more often than not that when a truck pulls up to a shop for repairs, the shop personnel scatter like roaches. Glad you had a positive experience.

I totally agree, it's like we are invisible. They expect us to just write it up and be done with it. No personal interaction. Who takes their personal vehicle to a shop and doesn't talk to a tech? I wish some would learn that we aren't the enemy, we all work for the same company. I drive them, they fix them. Preventive maintenance to me is when I notice something that is abnormal, explain the problem and hopefully avoid a roadside breakdown. The relationship between the driver and the shop is the most frustrating aspect of my job.

Last edited by a moderator:
It has gotten to the point where I just write it up hand it to them and leave...They act as if you are telling them how to do their job. You would think they would appreciate as much feedback as possible to pinpoint a problem...

When I go there ...they say....YOU AGAIN!!!!...I write up the issues turn them in...when the Mechcanic comes for the truck...I explain what the issue is and we go from there. Many times they talk to me after the work is done to explain what caused the problem. The main problem Nas has is.......EVERYONE stops there to get work done that their own shop can't or wont do,or they do not have a shop at their domicile....Nas is just too convient!